Paddle boards

Chris1015

Hey guys,

Does anyone like to use a paddleboard? If you do are there any brands in particular you like? Size? I'd like something that could support a good amount of weight (I'm 6'2" at 220) and a dog (or two) on there as well. Though both on at once may only be wishful thinking.

Seems like it could be a decent workout for core/balance/cardio. Plus the dog/s would no doubt dig it.

Thanks!!

Sounds like you want a touring style sup maybe even a fishing sup. Best thing you can do is go to the lake and rent one or three. See if your gonna be into it and what feels good.

Understand that there are endless options. It’s all about what you want out of it. ie speed, stability, surfability, weight bearing.

We have an 11’6” Riviera Select that I use in the surf and my wife cruises on in the marina or lakes.

Chris1015

I picked up a cruiser sup recently and have used it a few times with no issues. https://www.cruisersup.com/products...-durable-inflatable-sup?variant=6998006890541

There are a few different sizes and once inflated you can’t tell it’s an inflatable and it packs up into an easy to transport bag.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
That looks really nice and the price is doable I just know that the claws on the pups will sink that vessel before it leaves port.

Chris1015

Sounds like you want a touring style sup maybe even a fishing sup. Best thing you can do is go to the lake and rent one or three. See if your gonna be into it and what feels good.

Understand that there are endless options. It’s all about what you want out of it. ie speed, stability, surfability, weight bearing.

We have an 11’6” Riviera Select that I use in the surf and my wife cruises on in the marina or lakes.
I'm gonna check that one out. Sounds like its pretty utility based that it can handle surf or calm.

That's really helpful though because I didnt think in terms of water I'll be on. Duh. We have a 22 acre man made lake so it's not anything crazy. Something I'll be able to not fall off every 30 seconds will be best if I have a partner riding along. I think my dogs would really like it so the stability is key.

I was hoping mine was going to be stable enough to fish off of or have my kid tag along. It’s not at all. But then again it wouldn’t be as agile or fast enough to surf with if it was.
That’s why I’m thinking a super stable touring style board sounds like the way you want to go being your going to have dogs on it.
Once you start looking it almost gets overwhelming. Too many options right? lol

gonow

Hey guys,

Does anyone like to use a paddleboard? If you do are there any brands in particular you like? Size? I'd like something that could support a good amount of weight (I'm 6'2" at 220) and a dog (or two) on there as well. Though both on at once may only be wishful thinking.

Seems like it could be a decent workout for core/balance/cardio. Plus the dog/s would no doubt dig it.

Thanks!!
Me and my wife recently bought 2 Ancheer 11'6 inflatable SUPs(includes everything) off Amazon 330$ each we love them for just cruising the big plus is the ease of transportation for the 4WD only lakes I am no longer a sceptic of inflatables I've tried 1k boards and I can't tell a 600$ difference then again Im only a cruising beginner oh yeah in California if it has a paddle you need a life jacket....but you dont have to wear it [emoji15] gotta love California

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom