3'' vs 4'' Enforcer

LUCCHESE

I ultimately want 37s. Following advice from some awesome people, I will run 35s for a while. Giving me time to get my front end figured out. With that being said.. the price is the same for the 3'' and 4'' with drag link/ front lower control arms. If I buy the driveshaft for the front, which I plan to do anyways, is there any real detrimental difference between the two while running 35s. I want the additional space for when I make the swap. Flat or regular fenders are ok by me. So look wise I'm happy. Just not sure if there is a HUGE difference between the additional inch or not. As in additional parts and what have you.

thanks

B

Ddays

Hooked
3" should be fine for 37's, especially with flat or cut fenders. You'll have quite a bit of space between the fenders and tires while you're running 35's. Also, that 1 additional inch does affect your center of gravity. Generally you should just run the spring height necessary to run the tire size you want without clearance issues. Anything more is kinda wasted.

E2do7

I run 37s on a Dana 30. If you're getting a new driveshaft go ahead and get either Tom Woods or Adams shaft. You could run either 3" or 4". I run 3.5" on 37 with no fenders. I did have fenders for a while. Resized_20180603_173241_5111.jpg IMG_20180210_103657.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run 37s with the 4” plush rides up front and AEV 4.5s in the back on the EVO LA kit. I still run the stock fenders with minimal rubbing at full flex.
IMG_9147.jpg

Your selection will depend on the fender style you want to run and how much bump stop you install. 37s can be run either way. Less lift, skinnier fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
OP, It’s unclear from your post whether you intend to do a drag link flip. I think you’ll want that with a 4” lift for sure. Otherwise you’ll experience a bunch of bump steer. It’s marginal with a 3” lift.

Clearance and rubbing are going to be a factor of how much bump stop you have, not how much lift.

If you think you’re going to get to 37s, I’d recommend the 4” lift, especially if you’re going to run stock fenders.

BPA

I started with 3" for 35's until I got 37's and wished I went with 4" to begin with. I rubbed the stock fenders with 37's on 3". Now I'm sitting on 4" Enforcer w/ all EVO arms but haven't had the chance to stretch it out yet.

LUCCHESE

So there really isn't a big difference in parts needed for the 3-4'' jump. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't like going from 35s-37s... Where there is a laundry list of upgrades you should do to run them 100%safely. As I said in my first post, I will be getting the stage one kit with drag link flip. So it will have the 3 OR 4'' lift, LCA, Drag link flip kit, and I want to buy a new front and/or back drive shaft as well. If there aren't any crazy hidden expenses I will go with the 4''.

I have done a lot of reading, and I haven't come across anything else. Just wanted to verify before I start buying stuff here in the next month or so.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
So there really isn't a big difference in parts needed for the 3-4'' jump. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't like going from 35s-37s... Where there is a laundry list of upgrades you should do to run them 100%safely. As I said in my first post, I will be getting the stage one kit with drag link flip. So it will have the 3 OR 4'' lift, LCA, Drag link flip kit, and I want to buy a new front and/or back drive shaft as well. If there aren't any crazy hidden expenses I will go with the 4''.

I have done a lot of reading, and I haven't come across anything else. Just wanted to verify before I start buying stuff here in the next month or so.

Shocks are the only other component that you haven’t discussed. Rancho’s or kings are safe directions. Both offer adjustable shocks, which IMO are worth the expense. Make sure you order the appropriate length for your lift.

LUCCHESE

Shocks are the only other component that you haven’t discussed. Rancho’s or kings are safe directions. Both offer adjustable shocks, which IMO are worth the expense. Make sure you order the appropriate length for your lift.

Ah I want to go with the Rancho RS9000XL that are compatible with 3-4'' lifts. Kings look nice, and everyone has great things to say, but I can live without them. Kings will be one of those upgrades I do after I have everything I want, and want to make it that much better.

Edit: As of now I am looking at STT pro 35x12.5x15 or 17... Cheap steel all mat black wheels, 3 or 4'' Evo Enforcer with drag link, LFCA, New drive shaft, rancho 9000xl adj shocks, Stand alone tire carrier,

After that its really gonna be cosmetic changes. Then once all that is done, Front axle, lockers, gears, and 37s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom