VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Off Road Testing of the Rancho Sport Lift on Deer Valley

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was 11 years ago and almost to the day that Cindy and I came out to the Deer Valley Trail and to film our very first video. Back then, we came out to test a lift kit that we just installed, off road and in on our then, brand new 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler. And, I suppose it’s only fitting that we'd come here again to do pretty much the same, only this time, in our brand new Jeep JL Wrangler and with a Rancho Sport Lift installed. Of course, it's always a good idea to wheel with friends and as luck would have it, our good friends Adam and Tina were able to join in on the fun.

In addition to seeing just how well the JL Wrangler Rancho Sport Lift performs out on the trail, you'll also get to see us test our our WARN Zeon 10s winch as we got to help out an old CJ-7 that was stuck in a rut. And, because we never really go wheeling just for wheeling sake, you'll also get to see some of the beautiful scenery, wildflowers and even funky fluorescent fungus that we got to enjoy along the way.

We hope you enjoy our JL JOURNAL and we would love to hear your thoughts about it.

For those of you who are interested, the HITCH STINGER you see in the video is back in stock and you can order one by clicking on the link below:
BUY a WAYALIFE HITCH STINGER

:cool:

Discount Tire

Thank you for another outstanding video. Seeing the baby fawns on the way in was a bonus.

I have to say you beat on it pretty hard for being a new Jeep with a new lift kit installed. It looked like both the Jeep and the lift worked great. :rock:

Beautiful area, glad to see it was re-opened.

TrailHunter

Hooked
What a great looking Trail with all those Trees..... Looks like a fun day! Jet Li handled those rocks like nothin.... Even the small dude in the Orange JK with the Bald tires seemed to keep up ok. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Subed
:beer::rock:

You guys did well with this kit. :thumb:

Awesome video! Looked like a great day on the trail with beautiful landscaping and good friends!

Thank you. It's been nice having Adam and Tina closer to us. :yup:

Thank you for another outstanding video. Seeing the baby fawns on the way in was a bonus.

I have to say you beat on it pretty hard for being a new Jeep with a new lift kit installed. It looked like both the Jeep and the lift worked great. :rock:

Beautiful area, glad to see it was re-opened.

So glad you enjoyed the video. The fawns were definitely a bonus and it isn't every day that a closed trail opens up again. We're definitely lucky to have it accessible again. :yup:

What a great looking Trail with all those Trees..... Looks like a fun day! Jet Li handled those rocks like nothin.... Even the small dude in the Orange JK with the Bald tires seemed to keep up ok. :thumb:

Sure would be great if we could get you and your family out to some of these trails with us :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
Really enjoyed the video, good honest feedback. Seems like a great option if your on a budget or not..Looks like a fun trail too, will have to add it to the list!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really enjoyed the video, good honest feedback. Seems like a great option if your on a budget or not..Looks like a fun trail too, will have to add it to the list!

Thanks! Sounds like we need to plan another run out there :cool:

Jzsquared

Ok so here is the million dollar question, after testing this lift and the Dynatrac which do you prefer and why? Thanks

Andy5160

Hooked
I have to come up with something other then “as always” great video and the review itself. Keep it coming and that trail was added to the list [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video and reviews as always. Looks like a great trail for a relaxing weekend drive.

If you end up being able to keep your Jeep, we'll have to get you out on the trail with us again :yup:

Ok so here is the million dollar question, after testing this lift and the Dynatrac which do you prefer and why? Thanks

Okay, I just answered this question over on our sister site. To put it simply, there really is no comparison between the two. The Dynatrac kit costs twice as much and for a good reason. Their coils and shocks were developed to work together and they do a great job at it. Where the Dynatrac kit outshines the Rancho kit is on small imperfections in the road or on the trail. In these situations, the Dynatrac kit offers a much smoother ride. Maybe if the Rancho kit were running a set of 9000's or even 7000's, the ride would be better but the 5000's feel like they have a dead spot here. On bigger bumps, the Rancho kit does well but I still feel that the Dynatrac kit handles them better and so that it isn't missed, the Dynatrac kit offers more flex too.

Again, I look at this $640 Rancho kit as being a much better option than coil spacers and shock extensions - NOT a higher end kit running proprietary coils and tuned monotube shocks. It rides and handles great for what it is and how much it costs and it might even feel better with higher end shocks but then, it'd cost a lot more too.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Awesome video! Great music and volume by the way :thumb: lol makes me want to get out and explore more this weekend!

jeeeep

Hooked
looks like a fun place with baby deer for the win!

What was that orange fungus called?

I'm blown away by the minimal amount of lift needed to run 37's and have it perform.

nice job Rancho :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the the reply this helps me decide

Glad to know I could help. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do the best that I can to answer them to the best of my ability. :yup:

Awesome video! Great music and volume by the way :thumb: lol makes me want to get out and explore more this weekend!

Awesome, glad you liked it. :cool:

Let’s do it!

Okay! We've got one trip planned but we'll get this one too :yup:

looks like a fun place with baby deer for the win!

What was that orange fungus called?

I'm blown away by the minimal amount of lift needed to run 37's and have it perform.

nice job Rancho :thumb:

The fungus is called "Chicken of the Woods". If you can believe it, it's actually edible so long as it's not growing on a conifer like you see in this video. Apparently, it's supposed to taste like a lemon chicken and is a delicacy. If on a conifer, it is poisonous.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Glad to know I could help. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do the best that I can to answer them to the best of my ability. :yup:

Awesome, glad you liked it. :cool:

Okay! We've got one trip planned but we'll get this one too :yup:

The fungus is called "Chicken of the Woods". If you can believe it, it's actually edible so long as it's not growing on a conifer like you see in this video. Apparently, it's supposed to taste like a lemon chicken and is a delicacy. If on a conifer, it is poisonous.

I could never figure out what it was. Good info. Lol

Cool video. We had fun! Really impressed with the JL and the lift kit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Another great video. Seems that Jet Li is fitting in just fine at camp WAYALIFE. Can’t wait to see him evolve the way Moby has.

Top Bottom