Rice Rocket

The BAD Influence

I had some time today so I went through all the bolts and nuts, checking torque, then greased everything. While going over the bolts on the rear bumper, noticed the muffler was so close to the cross member that it was melting the wires going to the trailer light connection. I put the exhaust spacers in, instead of replacing the front driveshaft.
The exhaust hanger on the muffler, passenger side was horizontal and so close to the muffler, it was melting as well.
I'm saving for the Trail Leader package, and new front drive line, I'll redo the exhaust at that time. The passenger side hanger was on such a bind, I cut it off, and dropped the muffler.
The sound isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it sounds like a rice rocket, worst is 2,500-3,200 RPMs.
Like I said, I don't want to put any more money into it until I can do it right, but for now need a temporary fix.
What if I cut a length out of the tail pipe right behind the resonater and put in a bullet, or another round short muffler? Thoughts?

wjtstudios

Hooked
That would be similar to the magnaflow rock crawler. I have that setup behind the factory resonator and I’m happy with it. You would need a small bullet type muffler and a down turn to dump in front of the axle, in the end it might be all you need. Look into the dynomax. You can search the forum and there’s a couple threads on it. Do it your self and it could be pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

That would be similar to the magnaflow rock crawler. I have that setup behind the factory resonator and I’m happy with it. You would need a small bullet type muffler and a down turn to dump in front of the axle, in the end it might be all you need. Look into the dynomax. You can search the forum and there’s a couple threads on it. Do it your self and it could be pretty cheap.

Thanks, I didn't think of that, I was thinking of cutting a section out behind the resonater, and reusing the rest of the pipe, letting it dump after the axle. Both would work I suppose.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Put together a quiet crawler system. No drone, and isn't very loud. No clearance issues and it's under $300 in parts. There's a write up on the forum here. It won't mess with your planned mods unless you plan to run long arms.

A.J.

I just run a 30” glass pack with a turn down in front of the rear axle. Sounds good, cheap and pretty durable. No edges to catch on rocks.

The BAD Influence

It's good to have friends with the right tools. $60 in parts, and a bottle of Jack Daniels for labor.

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_200936.jpg
    IMG_20180821_200936.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20180821_200930.jpg
    IMG_20180821_200930.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20180821_185821.jpg
    IMG_20180821_185821.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom