RIPP Spark Plugs and Wiring

ColeHanlon

My Jeep now has 96k miles on it, and to my knowledge spark plugs haven't been changed out. I assume I may as well do this as it seems very simple.

Is there any point in getting the "High Performance" Spark Plugs, and Wiring from RIPP, or is it a pointless waste of money, and I should just get cheaper parts?

Thanks for the insight

Judesign

Caught the Bug
My opinion is to buy oem parts. No real gain from ‘upgraded’ plugs and wires. Think of it this way - if the oem lasted 96k then your engine and it’s electronics prefer it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

My opinion is to buy oem parts. No real gain from ‘upgraded’ plugs and wires. Think of it this way - if the oem lasted 96k then your engine and it’s electronics prefer it.

True this. System is designed to use the OEM pugs with that exact resistance. Stay with it. FYI: stock plugs are Champion brand.

BaddestCross

Don't know what year your Jeep is, but if you're not increasing the strength of the spark, the other stuff doesn't matter.

That being said, I upgraded to the Screamin' Demon coil pack and LiveWire plug wires and still used the OEM Champion plugs... Just increased the gap.

From what I've read, our Jeeps are pretty touchy about the plugs and either don't run any better and in some cases run worse with aftermarket plugs

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

A.J.

Just did mine @ 80k Jeep was running fine but when I pulled one to check they were horrible. Only took about an hr to change them. I went with OE champions. Definitely picked it up a bit especially low end acceleration. Just stick with OE.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
OEM is my opinion as well. Years ago, I really think aftermarket had a good edge on spark plug performance compared to OEM, but nowadays, there are just too many variables and tight tolerances on engines including heat ranges. I have personally seen piston damage from improper spark plugs. I would stick with OEM and hopefully you won't have to change them again as long as you own the vehicle.

ColeHanlon

OEM is my opinion as well. Years ago, I really think aftermarket had a good edge on spark plug performance compared to OEM, but nowadays, there are just too many variables and tight tolerances on engines including heat ranges. I have personally seen piston damage from improper spark plugs. I would stick with OEM and hopefully you won't have to change them again as long as you own the vehicle.

Yeah OEM was what I was leaning towards, saw these Ripp plugs and never heard much about them

Top Bottom