NOOB from Oregon

bdogg76

Hello all!

I just bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I would love to have been able to get a Rubicon but they are too spendy for me. Hopefully later in life I can get one! :thumb:

So I just wanted to look around and see what options there are for upgrading the Renegade and making it more trail or off-road worthy.

I have a lot to learn but it looks like it's going to be fun!

See you all in the forums.

Thanks,

Brandon

prionic1

Welcome to WAL!!! I'm interested to see what you end up doing with your Renegade. I really like those things due to their size since I operate in a very urban area daily.

bdogg76

Welcome! Where in Oregon ye be?

Thanks all for the welcome!

I'm in Beaverton...Portland area...was born in K Falls.

I'll post some pics of it and update once I get some gear for it! Was thinking about a 1.5" or 2" lift at some point. Assuming I have to do the tires at the same time so that's a lot of money at once.

Cheers! :beer:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks all for the welcome!

I'm in Beaverton...Portland area...was born in K Falls.

I'll post some pics of it and update once I get some gear for it! Was thinking about a 1.5" or 2" lift at some point. Assuming I have to do the tires at the same time so that's a lot of money at once.

Cheers! :beer:

If you are looking to go that tall look at Ranchos kit or even the EVO Level. Both very affordable. I'm running the EVO coils and Rancho 9000's and love it

bdogg76

If you are looking to go that tall look at Ranchos kit or even the EVO Level. Both very affordable. I'm running the EVO coils and Rancho 9000's and love it

It doesn't look like they are made for Renegades...

I was looking at the Daystar 1.5" lift and some tires.... question on that.... might be a dumb one lol... do you guys always run the same tires...on and off road? I only ask because this is my only vehicle and was thinking about road noise, handling, etc.

Thanks!

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It doesn't look like they are made for Renegades...

I was looking at the Daystar 1.5" lift and some tires.... question on that.... might be a dumb one lol... do you guys always run the same tires...on and off road? I only ask because this is my only vehicle and was thinking about road noise, handling, etc.

Thanks!
A good set of off-road tires should never be loud enough on road to deter you from them. Think of it this way, would you rather hear maybe a slight noise at higher speeds, or have two complete sets of wheels and tires, which entails much more money.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bdogg76

A good set of off-road tires should never be loud enough on road to deter you from them. Think of it this way, would you rather hear maybe a slight noise at higher speeds, or have two complete sets of wheels and tires, which entails much more money.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh sounds good! I agree, I would much rather only have one set.... I guess I was comparing it to winter tires that people often switch out. I've never done that myself.

Top Bottom