Alignment shop for JKUR with adjustable front LCA’s

Robicon

Recently installed an EVO 1.5” leveling kit, Method 17x9 3.5 BS beadlocks and Cooper 195/70/17 tires (31 PSI cold).

Now the jeep picked up a slight pull to the right and a light bump steer, also feels a little flighty at freeway speeds. Everything is minor, but enough to make it uncomfortable on a 100 mile drive.

I’m considering purchasing the EVO LCA’s to correct the pinion angle, but curious how many shops in So Cal would be able to make the adjustment with aftermarket parts. EVO is only about a 30 minute drive, so I could always hit them up if needed.

Can most shops do this, or is it just specific off road centered shops?

BaddestCross

Well, first of all, you can do it in your driveway with some basic hand tools. That being said, any good alignment shop "should" be able to do it, but an offroad shop that specializes in Jeeps should do it right the first time.

If you're that close to ORE, if be taking it there if you don't want to mess with it yourself.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Robicon

Well, first of all, you can do it in your driveway with some basic hand tools. That being said, any good alignment shop "should" be able to do it, but an offroad shop that specializes in Jeeps should do it right the first time.

If you're that close to ORE, if be taking it there if you don't want to mess with it yourself.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thanks, considered doing it myself and have all the tools. On the road a lot with the DD, and just thought a proper alignment shop would be more exact

Will most likely self install and see if ORE can align.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
You can set the castor yourself with a angle finder or smart phone with angle finder app. I did that and wasted $150 at the dealer to find out I was within 1/10th degree of their machine.

MDK210

Recently installed an EVO 1.5” leveling kit, Method 17x9 3.5 BS beadlocks and Cooper 195/70/17 tires (31 PSI cold).

Now the jeep picked up a slight pull to the right and a light bump steer, also feels a little flighty at freeway speeds. Everything is minor, but enough to make it uncomfortable on a 100 mile drive.

I’m considering purchasing the EVO LCA’s to correct the pinion angle, but curious how many shops in So Cal would be able to make the adjustment with aftermarket parts. EVO is only about a 30 minute drive, so I could always hit them up if needed.

Can most shops do this, or is it just specific off road centered shops?
I’m curious how you got all those issues with a leveling kit. Most folks don’t experience those symptoms until you get into the 2.5”-3” lift range from what I’ve seen/read. Definitely check out the current suspension wear and tear before you start spending cash on aftermarket stuff.

Robicon

I’m curious how you got all those issues with a leveling kit. Most folks don’t experience those symptoms until you get into the 2.5”-3” lift range from what I’ve seen/read. Definitely check out the current suspension wear and tear before you start spending cash on aftermarket stuff.

Good point, I did check everything out when I installed the springs. I'll take a closer looks for any play that I might have missed. These tires are considerably wider and more aggressive than stock, so any handling issues didn't show up until after they were installed.

MDK210

Good point, I did check everything out when I installed the springs. I'll take a closer looks for any play that I might have missed. These tires are considerably wider and more aggressive than stock, so any handling issues didn't show up until after they were installed.
Yeah anytime you get bigger tires it amplifies things that may already exist. Having your alignment checked would be the first thing I would do since it will usually shows where improvements need to be made.
Pulling left or right is typically a camber issue and your Jeep will pull to the most positive side. Most Jeeps, including mine, are off from the factory and usually on the front left so it pulls right. Toe is the only thing alignment shops can fix on these Jeeps so anything else out of alignment will usually require an adjustable control arm somewhere depending on the caster/thrust angle or a replacement part if it’s a severe camber issue.

Camber - usually off from factory, as a minimum check for wheel hub play if too off.
Caster/Thrust angle - some type of adjustable control arm is needed depending on alignment results.
Toe - fixable on the spot

Top Bottom