Poison spyder bfh

JKidd

Hey guys im been doing alot of thinking and im on the fence about the poison spyder bfh front bumper. I love the look.. an i love the price. But somethings came up that i wanna see if anyone here can help me with. First would be the poison spyder armor powder coat. any complaints about it? Any fading, rusting, or chipping? Any long term owners have a take on this? The reason why i ask this is because the bumper calls for cutting and i feel like once i cut the frame up i really cant go back to any other bumper. So i wanna make sure that what im buying is gonna make me happy for a long time. As for the cutting, is there a away to reverse it if nesscary? I mean the crash bar definitly not but the mounting points for the factory bumper. can that be welded back if i say want to sell my wrangler or found a new bumper? Like i said, im really on the fence about this an im ready to pull the trigger but just these two thought popped up and i thought id ask the community if they had inputs. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Go LOD. Great styling and no cutting. And you can do this and fix your bumper with some rattle can paint. IMG_0738.jpg Talk about tough. Im not a huge fan of cutting anything unnecessarily. Especially my front bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Personally I love my BFH bumper. I opted for the bare metal one and just painted it myself. As far as cutting the frame goes, I’m sure you could weld up something in the event that you need to replace the factory bumper or put a different one on.
IMG_2770.jpg

JKidd

I saw the lod bumper. Its a really nice one but the poison spyder is just over my budget. i wanted something with quality because my current bumper is crap.. but i guess you get what u pay for.. so this time around i wanted to get something with a decent price range and that wont start flaking and rusting out like my current bumper.

rogerk93

I’ve had two bfh bumpers and they are amazing. The first one was involved in an accident I ended up in a t-bone with some guy who turned In front of me and the bumper held up great and the powder coating is strong. It won’t flake or start to rust around the edges like some do.

JKidd

Most bumpers ive seen are that crappy "textured finish". Also some bumpers have the recessed winch mount which im not in need of a winch yet. How long have you had your bumper?

Long Haul

It would appear there is a good bit of cutting involved fast forward the video to about 3:40 or so.

The LOD is a good piece I ran one on my first Jeep.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
There is a lot of cutting but I have no regrets. One thing to note is the bumper leaves the e disco completely exposed. They sell a skid (that works great) but a added cost. All in all I'm happy with mine

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Here’s my bumper after the accident. Took a spray can to it and it looks pretty good, especially for a wheeled Jeep. Notice the skid plate is all bent up. Without my frame crossmember my Edisco would have been toast. I actually replace it as it was all bent up as well. IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1501.jpg

JKidd

Im kinda digging the lod bumper now that i did a lil more research on them. Im getting my eye on the lite series. A lil more then the poison spyder but no cutting. The bfh is pretty good looking. The pics are a big help. I emailed lod to see what kinda paint do they do and how it measure up to poison spyders

Long Haul

005-4.jpg

I have no complaints with the LoD on my first Jeep it served me well..Will probably go with the same on my 2018..

zimm

Caught the Bug
Wait. No need for a winch, yet you need enough angle clearance to warrant chopping your frame horns off? :thinking:

Why not do the PS brawler lite? It bolts right in and looks good without a winch. I ran it for a few years before moving onto the EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger.

It's has a nice flat spot to hold beers too.

View attachment 308607

JKidd

I saw the brawler lites but there outta budget for me. The bfh is a lil over budget for me but it comes coated. I wanted something affordable for my bank but can take a beating. My smittybilt took two smacks to the chin and now its "powdercoating" is chipping all off and you can tell that theres rust bubbles under it. So the budget was 500.. bfh and lod lites are a lil over budget but i can live with banging them all up
At that price.

jdofmemi

When I first saw this thread, I thought he was talking about a hammer.

I couldn't figure out why the frame needed cut for a hammer 🤯

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you can't afford it, buy a used one. Folks are always changing out bumpers. I sold mine for probably a few hundred bucks.

Top Bottom