Warn Winch Rebuild

SnailTrail

Can the zeon be rebuilt? I looked on warns site but didnt see any rebuild parts listed. Im hoping I only need a drum and maybe line. Everything else seems to work ok. Its only been used maybe 3 times in the 3yrs Ive had it. I regret not putting a cover on it though.

Attachments

• 20180817_150754.jpg
    20180817_150754.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180817_150746.jpg
    20180817_150746.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 75

SnailTrail

Those are the imprints from it. Im guessing the salt built up over the winter even though I made sure to rinse it off. I should have been pulling the line out and soaking it to clean it real good. I didnt realize it would seep through and build up like that though. Lesson learned

WJCO

Meme King
Same winch, same issue here. I just clean it up once a year with no issues. It still has worked every year with no issues. Not sure why it happens but I just clean it up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I hate salt. Yes, same thing wjco said. Every year stretch it out and hose it off. Mine never imprinted the drum like that though.

Mines buried in an AEV bumper and a nightmare to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Here's mine and this was after a year and a half. They don't salt the roads here but I use a cover in the winter anyways. Really not sure what causes this.

IMG_20180818_075851_396.jpg

SnailTrail

In NJ they use salt and some liquid stuff. I wonder if the liquid seeps through and stays moist. Ill give scotch brite a shot and I will just soak the line and clean it real well for now. Can any rope be used with the zeon or just the spydura?

Top Bottom