Rear drive shaft for 2 door help

rubiconrunner

So I just wrapped up installing an oem axle assembly in the rear of my 2 door (getting ready for a trade in.)

Everything is back together and I’ve battled with the rear oem DS. It does not have enough clearance to reseat into the oem rear flange. What am I doing wrong, or did wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
So I just wrapped up installing an oem axle assembly in the rear of my 2 door (getting ready for a trade in.)

Everything is back together and I’ve battled with the rear oem DS. It does not have enough clearance to reseat into the oem rear flange. What am I doing wrong, or did wrong?

Did u buy the right one? Or trying to reuse your original? There are several different lengths. 3.8 vs 3.6 and auto vs manual of each.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiconrunner

Solved: the drive shafts came apart and in the interim it dragged the dust shield with it not allowing me to fully slip it backward Into place to clear the flange.

Removed the pressure retention ring and slipped the DS back far enough for reinstallation. Took me 2 hours to figure out. 10 min to fix....

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Solved: the drive shafts came apart and in the interim it dragged the dust shield with it not allowing me to fully slip it backward Into place to clear the flange.

Removed the pressure retention ring and slipped the DS back far enough for reinstallation. Took me 2 hours to figure out. 10 min to fix....

Glad you got it figured out!

Top Bottom