Outboard Rear Shocks

CVJeepin

Anybody running outboard coilovers in the rear? My EVO rear end sucks. Can’t handle it anymore. Need to find a solution for some more up-travel. 3.5” just doesn’t cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

I just looked at your pictures in another thread. You already have more preload on your front coilovers than I do so I'm assuming you have more in the rear as well. I have more than 3.5" of up travel front and rear. I have a couple gripes with the rear bolt on setup but at the same time I just got back from running Rubicon and Fordyce without any issues. My main complaint is the rear lower control arm frame mount...I hit it on most of the big obstacles and the other part that gets hung up in the rear control arm/coilover rockstar. I have been mulling over what to do and have considered outboard mounted coilovers (GenRight) but that opens a can of worms. In order to do that you have to cut into the tub, replacement crossmember that isn't compatible with the factory fuel cell so now you are looking at another $2k for their tank and it just spirals from there...I can't justify the price difference at this point.

Top Bottom