BLACKED OUT JL Wrangler Pinch Seams

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If there's a down side to running aftermarket rocker guards like the brand new LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders we just installed on our JL Wrangler, it'd be the fact that the pinch seams are totally exposed and kinda look... well, unsightly or at least, to me anyway. They just look so unfinished on an otherwise clean looking Jeep and I could never understand why Jeep doesn't make any effort to clean things up a bit here especially for people who own Sports or Saharas without side steps. Anyway, I've always made a point to black out the pinch seams on my JK's and so made sure to do the same on our JL. In the past, I literally just painted them black but this time around, I decided to use black vinyl instead. Here are a few shots of what they looked like before and after.

BEFORE
20180816120523-c0b7b128-me.jpg

AFTER
20180818141929-68a2e3d8-me.jpg

BEFORE
20180816120536-72ab1703-me.jpg

AFTER
20180818141935-217307db-me.jpg

Here's a close up shot of what it looks like.
20180819213531-56b5ff5a-me.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd share what the JL Wrangler pinch seams look like blacked out. To me, it makes a big difference in how they look especially if you don't have Rubicon rock sliders installed. :cool:

longarmwj

For sure cleans it up. I blacked out the exposed tub when I did my fender chop as well as the portion below the tailgate when I took my rear bumper off. For sure looks better and blends in!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks clean. [emoji1417] One of the few benefits of a Black Jeep... Pinch Seams & Inner Fender Wells come with Factory Black out. [emoji41]

jdofmemi

That really cleaned up the lower half by addressing the punch seam.

Simple and effective, and inexpensive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks so much better.

I totally agree :)

For sure cleans it up. I blacked out the exposed tub when I did my fender chop as well as the portion below the tailgate when I took my rear bumper off. For sure looks better and blends in!

On a light colored Jeep, it pretty much a must in my opinion.

That came out really good! Good idea using vinyl.

Thanks!

Looks clean. [emoji1417] One of the few benefits of a Black Jeep... Pinch Seams & Inner Fender Wells come with Factory Black out. [emoji41]

LOL!! Indeed. In fact, I'd argue that any darker colored Jeep works without it.

Very nice!!
Clean and simple.

Thank you. Clean and simple is how I like it :yup:

Wow that did make a big difference. Its the little things that make it sometimes.

The little things really do make a big difference in both ways :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks clean! Nice work.

Thanks! Keeping things looking nice is what I'm all about :cool:

Way better looking. Did you just use a heat gun?

Actually, I did have a heat gun on hand just in case but as luck would have it, I got the vinyl laid down well and it wasn't needed. :)

Does make a huge difference. Looks good.

Thanks. It really changed the whole look or at least, for me anyway :yup:

Sorry for my ignorance, is this tape? Not paint?

It's vinyl as in, what decals are made out of or what you might use to apply strips on a vehicle. Wraps are made out of it too.

That really cleaned up the lower half by addressing the punch seam.

Simple and effective, and inexpensive.

Thanks and yes, simple, effective and affordable. :yup:

Much better, looks good

Thank you :)

Huh, never thought of using vinyl. Great idea.

Honestly, I was just about to use paint like I've done in the past but thought, why not give this a try :crazyeyes:

Looks much better indeed[emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you :)

Looks great. Love the vinyl idea.

Thank you, kinda nice that it worked out so well :yup:

Top Bottom