37s on a jku sport?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Depends on what you plan to do with it. If you don't wheel it much or hard than you could be ok with just C gussets. If you plan to wheel it on anything substantial I would recommend get a better axle or stick to 35s or smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
It has weaker internals than the dana 44 in the Rubicon (ring and pinion and axle shafts) and if you re-gear for the 37s it will probably make the pinion even weaker. You're pretty likely to break something wheeling with a dana 30 and 37s. If you aren't going to be putting it under any stress then who knows, It could be fine :idontknow: Not sure why you'd need the 37s then though...

Ddays

Hooked
First thing you gotta do is be honest with yourself. If you're after looks, and there's nothing wrong with that - it's your Jeep after all, then C-gussets and a regear to 4:88's would be perfectly streetable. If you are after increasing offroad capabilities then the 37's on a D30 will be a liability over time. If you take it easy it can surely last a while. Just be prepared for breakage if you wheel hard long term though. Running 37's and wheeling hard requires a substantial monetary commitment to do it right. :twocents:

zfen91

First thing you gotta do is be honest with yourself. If you're after looks, and there's nothing wrong with that - it's your Jeep after all, then C-gussets and a regear to 4:88's would be perfectly streetable. If you are after increasing offroad capabilities then the 37's on a D30 will be a liability over time. If you take it easy it can surely last a while. Just be prepared for breakage if you wheel hard long term though. Running 37's and wheeling hard requires a substantial monetary commitment to do it right. :twocents:

It would be for trail riding and the snow we get up here by Canada.

wjtstudios

Hooked
It would be for trail riding and the snow we get up here by Canada.

I live here in Michigan and with the condition of our paved roads during the thaw in the spring you are going to run the risk of hitting at pot hole at speed and bending your front housing or a c if you don’t at least truss and c gusset it. There is so much mass with the 37s moving up a high speed, all it takes is one of those holes to grab you unexpectedly and it’s toast. Running carefully and slow on the trails would be less of my concern than the spring roads. What part of Michigan are you in?

zfen91

I live here in Michigan and with the condition of our paved roads during the thaw in the spring you are going to run the risk of hitting at pot hole at speed and bending your front housing or a c if you don’t at least truss and c gusset it. There is so much mass with the 37s moving up a high speed, all it takes is one of those holes to grab you unexpectedly and it’s toast. Running carefully and slow on the trails would be less of my concern than the spring roads. What part of Michigan are you in?

Sault Ste. Marie

Top Bottom