SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20180821151142-f257c0c2-me.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple 1 question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

SHINY - This includes chrome, polished aluminum AND cast or machined aluminum. Essentially any wheel that isn't painted or powder coated.

BLACK - This would include a high gloss or matte finished, black steel or aluminum wheel INCLUDING ones with a beadlock or rock ring in a different color.

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, Cindy and I would like to thank everyone for your help on this simple survey. Second, I'd like to start by saying that I voted for SHINY. Of course, anyone who's ever seen any of our videos or the pics we posts would know as much. While we've run black wheels in the past and think they're nice, they've become a bit too much of the norm for our taste and of course, we love the old school cool of shiny wheels. But then, that's just us. :yup:

How about you, what do you prefer? :cool:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I like shiny, even though I haven’t run them on a Jeep yet. I like the look of the wheels you have on Moby, Jet Li, Jane, and the ones you put on Rubicat. I think black is over done, now. Maybe I’m a little old school, too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I definitely prefer the shiny look, have black now cause they are what I had laying around. Wife likes the black much better so it works for now, but something about those shiny wheels just does it for me

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I prefer black. But have got to say I like the shiny wheels better on jet li then the black ones on the picture. I also think it depends on the wheel you have. On some wheels I like the shinny look and others I like the black look. But yeah for me I would mostly prefer black.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Shiny for sure, especially on a CJ!

IMG_9251.jpg

But what would you consider a argent wheel with a gloss finish? Kinda looks like a darker polished metal.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Of those 2 options, I prefer shiny wheels. Black wheels are way too common and have become more of a fashion statement more than anything, at least where I’m located. I opted for bronze just to be different and to somewhat maintain the 75A bronze theme. For this survey, however, shiny all the way.

IMG_5690.JPG

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I like Black... Once you've been wheeling some you show the rock rash really well..... No Mall Crawler here:rock:

TrailHunter

Hooked
On Jeeps I kind of like both ... lean more towards Raw Aluminum.. Not Super Shiny.... Never Chrome... and Black centers with a Raw Ring Only... I don’t really care for a black wheel with a black ring or non beadlock black.

Last edited:

acanthus

black

Just purchased wheels in a bronze color.
20180821151142-f257c0c2-me.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple 1 question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

SHINY - This includes chrome, polished aluminum AND cast or machined aluminum. Essentially any wheel that isn't painted or powder coated.

BLACK - This would include a high gloss or matte finished, black steel or aluminum wheel INCLUDING ones with a beadlock or rock ring in a different color.

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

Top Bottom