VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders HOW TO INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you know, Cindy and I bought our Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited as a Rubicon model and that means it came with a set of factory rocker guards. And, while these rocker guards do a pretty good job for what they are, they do have their limitations. The biggest problem they have is that they're just mounted to the pinch seam and over time and with enough big hits, they tend to rotate up and make contact with the body. In our case, they've hit hard enough to put visible dents in our rocker panels. Another problem with them is the fact that they don't extend out at all and that can leave you exposed to damage from taller rocks that are jutting out, trees you might need to pivot around or other taller obstacles. It is for these reasons that we decided to ditch the factory rocker guards and install a set of LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders.

In addition to being super beefy, the biggest reason why we love the LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders is that they're mounted to the most solid point of the JL Wrangler and that would be the frame. We also love the fact that they provide nice stand-offs that not only put distance between the body of our JL and obstacles on the trail but they also serve as functional steps. Of course, it's hard not to like a product that's 100% bolt on and in this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy they are to install. We hope you enjoy it and we'd love to know what you think about them.

To see more shots of what the LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders look like installed, simply click on the following link:
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders Installed Photos

And, to see photos of what the pinch seam looks like blacked out, click on this link:
BLACKED OUT JL Wrangler Pinch Seam Photos

Tools You May Want
TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 FUEL 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench
TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Deep Impact Socket Set - Metric
Milwaukee 2457-21 3/8-in Cordless M12 Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit

:cool:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Them Some good lookin Sliders... And another Great install Video... But what I can’t seem to understand, is how you had a matching 10mm socket??!

IMG_8928.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Them Some good lookin Sliders... And another Great install Video... But what I can’t seem to understand, is how you had a matching 10mm socket??!

:cheesy: Funny thing is, I somehow misplaced the original that came with the set. That's why this one is so shiny :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 308841

:cheesy: Funny thing is, I somehow misplaced the original that came with the set. That's why this one is so shiny :crazyeyes:

Lol I was just going to say it’s shiny and the others aren’t.

A set of these sliders for a JK may find there way into my garage soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m glad you got unpacking the box on video! I’m thankful they don’t package things as poorly as some companies, but if a person has never ordered from LoD before, they needed to see that!

Great video, as always.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol I was just going to say it’s shiny and the others aren’t.

A set of these sliders for a JK may find there way into my garage soon.

Nice! I think they'll look good on Tina's JK :thumb:

I F'n knew it!!! :cheesy::cheesy: But then I thought, maybe he just uses it a lot so it's shinier.. Lol

:cheesy: The things you guys pay attention to. :D

I’m glad you got unpacking the box on video! I’m thankful they don’t package things as poorly as some companies, but if a person has never ordered from LoD before, they needed to see that!

Great video, as always.

It really is a pain to get their products out of their boxes but I'm glad for it. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked

Great video, as always.

I remember trying to unpack my LoD bumper with stinger for my JK. It was something to see for sure. Lol.

Slimebones

Nice install. I like how they mount utilizing the body mount brackets. Makes a bolt-on application more practical. I have the LOD sliders on my JK, also a bolt-on application. Ended up welding them to frame due to the fact they did not have that additional support location. Nice move LOD, and nice install Eddie.

Top Bottom