Winch recommendations

TND333

After an exiting failure of my winch this weekend I’m in the market for a new one. The frame on my smittybuilt gave up:

IMG_1971.jpg

My shockworks bumper arrived yesterday and is set up for a standard winch so Zeon’s are out.

I’m playing with the idea of the Warn Powerplant 9500. Any thoughts on the two in one or any other recommendations for a good winch for a JKU?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Anything 8K and above, with the name Warn on it.

By the way, you misspelled your old one, take out the m, insert an h😁

catahoula

Caught the Bug
After an exiting failure of my winch this weekend I’m in the market for a new one. The frame on my smittybuilt gave up:

View attachment 308870

My shockworks bumper arrived yesterday and is set up for a standard winch so Zeon’s are out.

I’m playing with the idea of the Warn Powerplant 9500. Any thoughts on the two in one or any other recommendations for a good winch for a JKU?

Was it old? How did the frame fail?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a hell of a break. Hope you weren't in need of that winch before it finally gave up on you.

I own both a PowerPlant 9500 and a Zeon 10s. Both are great winches and I wouldn't hesitate to get either. I must say that I do prefer my PowerPlant more if only because the compressor on it is awesome to have.

Looks like someone snatched off it and it finally let go. As far as recommendations you’ll only get one. Stay away from VR series if they’re still making them? those are Chinese, if you’re gonna pay that much for a warn it better at least be USA made.

Top Bottom