Install EBay Fender Flares HELP!

DylanR

So I cheaped out and bought these flares just to try on my ‘07. For the money they actually came in pretty nice quality and will serve the purpose once installed.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263772484623

So my problem is they came with bronze rivet nutserts that you have to install, then put the bolts in. I believe they are metric.

I bought a rivet gun from advanced auto but it is standard. Is there a metric fitting I can buy to install... do I need to try and get bolts and nuts and forget the rivets. This is a pain.

What can I do it get these stalled...

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You need to use this type of gun.

Astro Pneumatic Tool 1442 13" Hand Rivet Nut Setter Kit - Metric & SAE W/ 60pc Rivnuts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TODXQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_YYfGBb6VWSVPE

Are the holes too big to just throw a bolt and nut in? Maybe use a washer or do the holes just not line up? I wouldnt put in nutserts if you don't have to in case you change your mind later on the flares. I had the smittybilt version and they just came up bolts and not nutserts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nespoli1

Dylan you need the tool MSJKU11 said to buy. You will find it hard to find it at a store. Save your self the grief and order it. U will have it in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DylanR

Sorry guys I don’t care for the smart comments... i said they were the eBay ones in the beginning to get that out of the way... Im new here but not new to Internet forums. If I want to buy more expensive fenders I will.... Just looking for a solid answer on the install. My JK is rescue green and very American so please don’t question my patriotism on the basis of a fender purchase.

Thank you to all the advice so far...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry guys I don’t care for the smart comments... i said they were the eBay ones in the beginning to get that out of the way... Im new here but not new to Internet forums. If I want to buy more expensive fenders I will.... Just looking for a solid answer on the install. My JK is rescue green and very American so please don’t question my patriotism on the basis of a fender purchase.

Relax cupcake. Don’t tell us what to do on a forum that you have been a member of for 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

efe8cdc99a1a451248aa8b38de0a48e0c4ce3125cda031e77bf188b3ff686efc.jpg ......

zimm

Caught the Bug
Sorry guys I don’t care for the smart comments...

You're on the WRONG forum if you can't take smart ass comments.

You can install nutserts with a bolt and wrench, although it's a PITA compared to the astro tool. Google "install rivnut without tool" and you'll find some videos.

jdofmemi

You're on the WRONG forum if you can't take smart ass comments.

But once you take off the dress and get over the comments, there is no better place for ACCURATE help for your Jeep without the bullshit misinformation that flows on most of the other forums.

Bullshit don't fly here, and that's why I made it my Jeep family.

Top Bottom