C gusset questions

SoCalDozer

I am doing c gussets here soon since I'm rocking the d30 and I do love to go fast in the desert but just want to know How much the install cost runs about? I can't find them on the offroad warehouse website so I assume they don't carry them. Will call soon to clarify.
I know ore would do them but I would like to get it done in San Diego

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think ORW is like $500 for parts and install. EVO is $300 I think to install them and $60 for the gussets.

xflstl

I am doing c gussets here soon since I'm rocking the d30 and I do love to go fast in the desert but just want to know How much the install cost runs about? I can't find them on the offroad warehouse website so I assume they don't carry them. Will call soon to clarify.

just my opinion but the following setup works great, no weld sleeve's, weld on upper and lower gusset's, weld on front lower control arm skids.

http://www.justdifferentials.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4166

If you call and order this from them tell them you want the entire kit, as the link i provided is for the sleeve's only.... I think the entire kit runs around 160-185ish... here are about 6 or so people running this setup in my area's local club. Have yet to hear of a problem or complaint, other than they can be a bugger to put in. I put mine in , took me about 1hr, then had a buddy weld the gussets and c-arm skids on. took a total of two hours, and a 12 pack of beer.... If you dont remove your ball joints during the welding, be dang careful not to melt them :)

TacPen

Banned
I got it done locally in Phoenix by Desert Rat (TF sleeves and EVO gussets) and it was $260 parts and labor.

SoCalDozer

It's not that easy. If you don't know what your doing you can fry your ball joints and then it will be more expensive.

I read up on it awhile back, I just done have a welder.
Just have to go slow when you do it and cool it off with a wet rag every 1" or so you weld that way you dont fry the ball joints

Skid_Kid

I have a guy here in Wildomar that does them for $100. Just got mine in the other day and looking to get them welded in soon.

SoCalDozer

Also one more thing since im only running 33's would just gussets be good? or do I need sleeves to? figured the c's were the main weak point

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Make sure you look into sleeves an know that you can't run certain lockers with them before you buy them. Ask Moochie.

Top Bottom