Colorado Guide Book

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I have a question about the run times in this book, how accurate are they ? Planning a trip for 2019 and want to make sure I give us enough time.

IMG_3862.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Maybe compare to sites like trails off road and trail damage. It will probably vary with each individual

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I used thier Arizona book earlier this year, for the two roads we went on from the book it seemed pretty close. I would think that most would be a pretty close ballpark estimate.

Tanktitan

I have used Charles Wells guides for dozens of trails in the west and find them quite useful. The times listed are sufficient for regular stops and easy pace for the particular trail. The guides are accurate but there are plenty of trails where other trails cross and this can be confusing. The guide is designed so that you put into your GPS the first waypoint to get to the trailhead and then put in the next waypoint, and so forth, working the trail forward. If you enjoy working with mapping systems I would encourage you to get their trail tracks and download them to your mapping software, like Gaia.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Maybe compare to sites like trails off road and trail damage. It will probably vary with each individual

Ok, Really just looking for a base timeframe.

I used thier Arizona book earlier this year, for the two roads we went on from the book it seemed pretty close. I would think that most would be a pretty close ballpark estimate.

Thanks,

I have used Charles Wells guides for dozens of trails in the west and find them quite useful. The times listed are sufficient for regular stops and easy pace for the particular trail. The guides are accurate but there are plenty of trails where other trails cross and this can be confusing. The guide is designed so that you put into your GPS the first waypoint to get to the trailhead and then put in the next waypoint, and so forth, working the trail forward. If you enjoy working with mapping systems I would encourage you to get their trail tracks and download them to your mapping software, like Gaia.

Ok I will look into those.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom