Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Windrock Run November 16-18

Working on that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Been Around the Block critter812's Avatar
    If I don't make the jump to new Job in TX I will be in will know for sure in the next 2 weeks.

Windrock Run November 16-18

Quote Originally Posted by critter812 View Post
    If I don't make the jump to new Job in TX I will be in will know for sure in the next 2 weeks.
    Sweet! Hope you can make it. If not, good luck in Texas!

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Windrock is my favorite eastern off road park, hands down. Folks with 37s and a winch can do 15, 16 (badge of honor trail) and 17. 15 is approaching a double black status as it digs out in the rocks but it is short and a blast. 16 is long and can be time consuming as the last three climbs are deeply rutted. The by-passes are just as bad. Depending on wetness, these can be winchout only. 17 is shorter but heavily rutted. 35s can make it but you will be dragging diffs. It is a lot of fun though. 21 is about 3 miles of switchbacks which can be very trying. Full of challenges the whole way; I think 37s minimum. 22 is more relaxing and stock tires can make it with care. The 40ís trails can be a challenge in dry weather but in wet weather 41 can give you trouble about half way at a washout.
    All trails on the ďdarkĒ side in winter (north and northwest) can be iced over. See ice on the dark side, stop and go back. Ice and snow everywhere else is ok.
    They have a good map and trails are well marked if you look.
    You will love this place! Great cabins and camp sites year round. Good bath/showers and toilets for campers. Great staff; they appear out of nowhere! Very scenic for those not prepared for heavy climbing. I have a trip the last week of December or I would join you all. May still do that if things work out. You could list me as a maybe if thatís ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Windrock is my favorite eastern off road park, hands down. Folks with 37s and a winch can do 15, 16 (badge of honor trail) and 17. 15 is approaching a double black status as it digs out in the rocks but it is short and a blast. 16 is long and can be time consuming as the last three climbs are deeply rutted. The by-passes are just as bad. Depending on wetness, these can be winchout only. 17 is shorter but heavily rutted. 35s can make it but you will be dragging diffs. It is a lot of fun though. 21 is about 3 miles of switchbacks which can be very trying. Full of challenges the whole way; I think 37s minimum. 22 is more relaxing and stock tires can make it with care. The 40ís trails can be a challenge in dry weather but in wet weather 41 can give you trouble about half way at a washout.
    All trails on the ďdarkĒ side in winter (north and northwest) can be iced over. See ice on the dark side, stop and go back. Ice and snow everywhere else is ok.
    They have a good map and trails are well marked if you look.
    You will love this place! Great cabins and camp sites year round. Good bath/showers and toilets for campers. Great staff; they appear out of nowhere! Very scenic for those not prepared for heavy climbing. I have a trip the last week of December or I would join you all. May still do that if things work out. You could list me as a maybe if thatís ok.

You got it! Iíd love you to join us and show us around. At the very least, Iíll pick your brain a bit more as we get closer to put together a route for the run if you donít mind. Thank you for all that info!

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

I think you can count me in for this one! I pretty sure they have rental cabins along the road to the entrance. Maybe we could all crash in one.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    I think you can count me in for this one! I pretty sure they have rental cabins along the road to the entrance. Maybe we could all crash in one.
    I canít wait to see you wheel the shit out of your 2 door there!!

For sure, I was just looking at the cabins too. I think thatís the way to go.

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post

Sounds like something to put together, let me know about the cabins.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post

The big cabins are great! Full kitchen, 8 bunk beds, 2 full bath rooms, living room and deck. Fire pit and charcoal grill out side. Very nice and kept in good shape. They provide bed linens and towels but you may run out of dry towels. Small cabins are just as nice but have 1/2 the space and accommodations. Plenty of room for trailers. Itís nice not to have to hook up and air up over the few days you are there.
    There is a huge Krogerís on the way out of town so you can stock up on food before you head out to camp, but they have some great steak places in town. Chrysler Jeep dealer in town too for misc., plus a Tractor Supply for any jacks or other equipment.

Been Around the Block critter812's Avatar
    This was part of Trail 15 from this last weekend

t15.jpg

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast