First Time Jeeper from DFW, Texas

catch24alx

Greetings all!

Just joined and feel as though I've already learned a lot from various threads here and everyone's experiences.

My wife and I just purchased our first Jeep, a black 2011 JK Unlimited! Only one previous owner and only 49k miles on it. Completely stock and based on the condition, doesn't appear to have ever been wheeled. I have just returned from a year long Army deployment and needed a vehicle for myself and one for my wife as her lease was expiring. We're over the moon with it so far!

Full disclosure: I purchased the Jeep for my wife and it is her daily driver, so I'm not looking to go balls to the wall crazy with anything that inhibits safety or her ability to drive it daily on pavement, but the more I talk about it, the more she seems to be opening up to certain mods. She has romanticized about having a Jeep for years, and the look on her face during the test drive sold me on it immediately. Realistically, this Jeep probably won't see as much off-road action as I'd be interested in attempting, but I refuse to allow it to be just another full-time, city-slicker, mall crawler. It will see mud, dirt, and rocks sooner rather than later.

I'd like to do most of the work myself and with friends (maybe ones soon to be made through WAL?) 😅
My technical skills are modest, and that may be generous, but I do work with auto parts each day as a counterman at a respected Cadillac dealership in Dallas, so I've picked up on a few tidbits here and there.

I'll refrain from story time for now about my first Jeep/Jeeper encounter to bring an end to this already lengthy thread, but the Jeep saved my life and my Jeeper college roommate drove me bat shit crazy. I just didn't understand it back then.

Thank you for the education I've already received and I hope to learn more and contribute as I gain knowledge. Let's hit the trails!

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Kansas City. Just do 1 small mod, then say you don't want to go all out on it.... the bug she is a waiting 😉😂🤣

Top Bottom