Help with new springs

Donner85

Been a long while since I posted here but I’m possibly gonna pull the trigger on a set of evo springs and I knew this was the place to get better info on evo.

I have rock krawler 4.5 springs right now and I’m not happy with how stiff the ride is. I will say it got better when I added the falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks, I originally had rk shocks too. When I first installed the springs it still maintained that factory rake, ended up putting a half in spacer up front. Still has some rake. I really like how it looks when the back sits a little lower than the front. My question is, should I order the front 4” springs and 3” rear or should I got 4” all the way around? It’s a 2 door.

Also for folks who’ve gone from rk to evo, what’s your opinion? I’ve heard it’s a big difference and also heard not much at all.

If you have a light rig, the plush rides will work great. I actually swapped out my rear 4" plush springs to RK 4.5s to handle the weight better and reduce any sagging. I've got a fairly heavy rig and carry a lot while camping. I did also swap out my Rancho 9000s for some adjustable Fox 2.0s with reservoirs (previous owner had EVO rebuild them) and that made for a nice ride.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I run the Evo 4” plush rides up front, and AEV 4.5” in the rear. The 4” plush sagged with all the weight in the ass end of the Jeep. Very happy with the plush rides though. Loved the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Donner85

If you have a light rig, the plush rides will work great. I actually swapped out my rear 4" plush springs to RK 4.5s to handle the weight better and reduce any sagging. I've got a fairly heavy rig and carry a lot while camping. I did also swap out my Rancho 9000s for some adjustable Fox 2.0s with reservoirs (previous owner had EVO rebuild them) and that made for a nice ride.

So what’s considered light and heavy.

Front, ive got a mid width bumper and winch with synthetic line. Rear I’ve got no bumper and a dv8 body mounted tire carrier.

Donner85

Also I run a hard top in the winter. Haven’t noticed it driving any better with the hard top weight.

Slimebones

Been a long while since I posted here but I’m possibly gonna pull the trigger on a set of evo springs and I knew this was the place to get better info on evo.

I have rock krawler 4.5 springs right now and I’m not happy with how stiff the ride is. I will say it got better when I added the falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks, I originally had rk shocks too. When I first installed the springs it still maintained that factory rake, ended up putting a half in spacer up front. Still has some rake. I really like how it looks when the back sits a little lower than the front. My question is, should I order the front 4” springs and 3” rear or should I got 4” all the way around? It’s a 2 door.

Also for folks who’ve gone from rk to evo, what’s your opinion? I’ve heard it’s a big difference and also heard not much at all.
I also have a 2 door. Running EVO 4" plush rides. Jeep weighs in at 5120 lbs with tools and parts on board (no passengers). Rides really well and sits really nice in my opinion.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I went from RK 2.5 to EVO 3 and love the difference. Just look how the coils stack vs the plush rides:

32814756520_df5f0c7fcd_k.jpg

32277461172_b3ea776160_k.jpg

Donner85

I went from RK 2.5 to EVO 3 and love the difference. Just look how the coils stack vs the plush rides:

They do seem to stack pretty nice.

I’ve gotta get my Jeep on the scale at work one of these days and see where it’s at.

Donner85

What kind of ride quality did you notice after the you went to the evo’s. Right now when I hit a bump on the road it’s a pretty good jolt inside. If I set my shocks at the softest setting I still get some jolt but then it handles like crap, especially on the highway. I know it’s not going to handle perfect but I want something a little smoother

So what’s considered light and heavy.

Front, ive got a mid width bumper and winch with synthetic line. Rear I’ve got no bumper and a dv8 body mounted tire carrier.
I'd say that's on the lighter side.

On my front I've got an evo 1/4 pounder, stinger, warn powerplant. In the rear I've got the evo fascia, cage carrier+skins, 37" spare with beadlock. Also have Evo skids, weld on sliders, roof rack, tools, 12" subwoofer, Evo sport cage with Rock hard C pillar reinforcements. And during most of my workweek I carry a large amount of tools for work.

BaddestCross

Does anyone have and insight on the sizes I should go with?
It sounds like you like a lot of height... The EVO springs will net about 1-1.5" higher on a 2 door depending on your weight. I run their 2" coils in the front and get about 3" with a heavy bumper and winch. They are soft, however, so I run OME springs in the rear because the EVOs would sag too much for my setup.

If you want a comparable height to what you have now, you'll probably want 3" and you may still need a spacer to bring it up to what you're used to. 4" *may* be too high if you're front end is light.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

The coils are designed to "stack" like that. The Plush Rides are linear and the RKs are multi rate. Looking at the coil at ride height is not going to tell you anything.

Top Bottom