What the hell is going on

rogerk93

So I haven’t even solved the axle seal leak and a new problem came up. Today I started up the Jeep and the wipers went on for 2 seconds and turned off. I found that odd but didn’t pay mind to it. Then when I tried to put my music on my stereo was acting up it is an aftermarket one but never had a problem before. I turned the Jeep off and back on and the same thing wipers go on for a few seconds then off and the stereo still isn’t working properly. It has been an all day thing and don’t have a clue with what it can be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
What brute said. And also make sure your negative is tight when back on. Don’t connect anything to the negative post ring tightening bolt. Will creat a loose connection.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, sounds like you might have a loose battery cable or a loose ground wire.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It might be time for new terminals, even tho I tightened it up there is still very little play might be enough play to cause issues.

The connectors have tapered nuts that create a tighter fit the more you tighten them. It is critical NOT to have anything in between the nut and the clamp as that would prevent it from working properly. If you have something like an accessory sandwiched between the nut and the clamp, that is your problem.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The connectors have tapered nuts that create a tighter fit the more you tighten them. It is critical NOT to have anything in between the nut and the clamp as that would prevent it from working properly. If you have something like an accessory sandwiched between the nut and the clamp, that is your problem.

Or if you don’t have the tapered but installed in the right spot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom