Help with JL Backspacing

JKJason

On my JKU, I am running a 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing and love it. With that being said, I planned on getting the same wheel size and backspacing for my wife's new JLU sport. After some research, I found that these may stick out a lot further on the JLU. If I run a 17x9 with 35x12.5s on the new JLU, what backspacing should I go with? Any pictures of your setup would be great!! Thanks!

Last edited:

Discount Tire

On my JKU, I am running a 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing and love it. With that being said, I planned on getting the same wheel size and backspacing for my wife's new JLU sport. After some research, I found that these may stick out a lot further on the JLU. If I run a 17x9 with 35x12.5s on the new JLU, what backspacing should I go with? Any pictures of your setup would be great!! Thanks!

17x8.5 with 0 offset (4.75" BS) seems to be the go to for the JL, but the wheel/tire assembly will sit outside of the fender by about 2-inches.

For quick reference, the front lip of a 17x8.5 wheel with 4.75" of backspace sits ~3/4" further inward when compared to where the front lip of 17x9 wheel with 4.5" of backspace.

Let us know if we can help you with a new set, we have a great selection to choose from :thumb:

Last edited:

Lojo

A buddy of mine had the mopar 2 inch lift with stock wheels and 37 inch Coopers with 1.5 inch spacers. It cleared the fenders well. He had problems with the one of the isolators, it got crushed somehow which caused a very noticeable lean. He just swapped out to a 3.5 metalcloak. Looks good now. Hope this helps. DC4AA4F1-1FBC-4CA6-BD69-D9F09B06A585.jpg BDF2CD2D-225A-44E1-84E7-94C13644018B.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom