Thoughts on Chevrolet’s ZR2 pick up.

Anyone else excited to FINALLY see something like this come to the U.S.? If anything else it will be a direct competitor to the Jeep truck which is a good thing. Hopefully these off road capable mid size trucks catch on. Toyota has pretty much owned this market and it’s nice to see some competition.

Factory skids, 2” lift, diesel option, 31” tires.
Anyway. Just glad to see something new come out of Detroit.

IMG_9298.JPG .
IMG_9299.JPG .
IMG_9300.JPG .

wjtstudios

Hooked
Pretty cool trucks. AEV is even building accessories for them and full builds turning them into great trail trucks. They still have the departure angle issue with the bed just like the Brute and Jeep pickup will have. Other than that, I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Been following these for a year... I think it’s a cool commuter and for fire trails. But Limited on bed space for hauling large items and Limited Off roading with IFS.

Gobicon2017

I had a gas version for a short time between jeeps last year, the Diesel was hard to find at the time. Awesome vehicle out of the box. The shocks on these were amazing. Over the last year they have finally made accessories available which is nice. Like mentioned above not a lot of room. And limited with IFS.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been following these for a year... I think it’s a cool commuter and for fire trails. But Limited on bed space for hauling large items and Limited Off roading with IFS.

Agreed.
Probably good for the light off road explorers. Mtn bikers, car campers and such.

Too small for anyone needing a real truck, not capable enough off road. But then again. Tacomas sell like hot cakes with the same limitations.

Good2Go

https://youtu.be/ExSrRWHPMaw Turn up the volume for “dramatic effect” I always wanted an off road vehicle that lifts it’s hind leg like a dog on a fire hydrant!

Someone please post an emergency link to the Whiskey of the Day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ddays

Hooked
Guy that owns the garage I get inspections and what-not done called me & asked me what I thought of these last year. He ended up buying one and loves it. Granted, he really doesn't do any hardcore stuff with it but he's in love with it. Keeps bugging me to take him to Rausch Creek on the next trip. I have to say it's a very nice truck and I'm not really a Chevy guy. Now that Ford is bringing the Ranger Raptor, and Jeep the JT, the mini pickup market looks pretty damn impressive!

Torrin

Meh, I own a 2018 Raptor and it is great for dirt roads, I use a Jeep for any serious offroading.

longarmwj

For an out of the box truck they aren't bad offroad, and they are surprisingly capable. I think they look better with 33s instead of 31s though

SilverBack775

Anyone else excited to FINALLY see something like this come to the U.S.? If anything else it will be a direct competitor to the Jeep truck which is a good thing. Hopefully these off road capable mid size trucks catch on. Toyota has pretty much owned this market and it’s nice to see some competition.

View attachment 309997 .
View attachment 309998 .
View attachment 309999 .

Yeah I love the setup on this! Lots of good reviews that I’ve seen!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Wait til you see something with a modern powerful diesel vs a 20 year old design :)

The ZR2 is a great package though. It kills the Tacoma for actual capability both high speed and crawling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

I read that article this morning, looks pretty sharp. Great to see a domestic competitor!

That's a nice truck!...so when ya gonna get one?

Still waiting to see a Jeep truck but most likely never. I’d like a new truck but it needs to be a “real truck” I think these are just way to small for what I’d use it for. They are cool just not for me.
A ZR2 passed by the other day it made me do a double take. So I started googling. I think they are pretty cool and am happy to see competition in this space especially by a Merican auto maker.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Still waiting to see a Jeep truck but most likely never. I’d like a new truck but it needs to be a “real truck” I think these are just way to small for what I’d use it for. They are cool just not for me.
A ZR2 passed by the other day it made me do a double take. So I started googling. I think they are pretty cool and am happy to see competition in this space especially by a Merican auto maker.

I'm in the same boat ...years ago I bought a full size Silverado 2 wheel drive and the smaller S-10's were the same price.

Top Bottom