Bumper guidance

Bear_JT

Hooked
I want some opinions on a couple different front bumpers. I’ve narrowed down my options to the EVO 1/4 pounder with or without stinger depending on feedback and in the steel option and the LoD Destroyer shorty with bull bar for my 2012 JKU.

It looks like they are very similar in price, and I know both are great companies and that’s where I get stuck. I think I’ve read all the past threads on this topic but they are older, so I wanted to see with this much time now spent with these what do you guys like or dislike?

TheGrendel

I want some opinions on a couple different front bumpers. I’ve narrowed down my options to the EVO 1/4 pounder with or without stinger depending on feedback and in the steel option and the LoD Destroyer shorty with bull bar for my 2012 JKU.

It looks like they are very similar in price, and I know both are great companies and that’s where I get stuck. I think I’ve read all the past threads on this topic but they are older, so I wanted to see with this much time now spent with these what do you guys like or dislike?

Do you want to remove the crash bar or not? That will be the decision in my opinion. If you don’t mind removing the bar, the Evo. If you want to keep it, then Lod.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Do you want to remove the crash bar or not? That will be the decision in my opinion. If you don’t mind removing the bar, the Evo. If you want to keep it, then Lod.

Great question! I see tons of people who have removed it and on the flip side those who keep it. Does it really make a big difference removing it? I have read posts from some time back where some people said you need it and others say it’s just for mounting the factory skid plate.

I don’t mind one bit removing it, so long as it’s not a negative thing structurally over time and use.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

I had a VKS on my prior Jeep. VKS make some fantastic products. Welding is fantastic. I removed the crash bar with no issues. My current Jeep it is still on there. If you have seen the new JLs without bumpers, you'll see FCA did away with the bar. A sawzall will make short work of it.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had a VKS on my prior Jeep. VKS make some fantastic products. Welding is fantastic. I removed the crash bar with no issues. My current Jeep it is still on there. If you have seen the new JLs without bumpers, you'll see FCA did away with the bar. A sawzall will make short work of it.

Good info. Thank you.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I had a Poison Spyder brawler lite. Nice bumper, looked great, kept the factory fogs and the crash bar. I changed it out for the steel quarter pounder and I like it better. Had to relocate the vacuum pump, chop crash bar and rotate the rubicon sway bar motor. I like that the winch is sunk and out of the way of the radiator. I ran it first without the stinger, but after I moved and had the garage space, went with the stinger. From some angles it looks a little goofy. I contemplate removing it, but I'd rather hit a jerk Miami driver with the stinger than without.

PS blocks a lot of radiator:
35435169465_1aceeac619_k.jpg

1/4 pounder is clean:
38866443485_c9f0b96108_k.jpg

And with stinger:
28611769977_3caa9d43f8_b.jpg

29627229438_0e8a88cc92_b.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had a Poison Spyder brawler lite. Nice bumper, looked great, kept the factory fogs and the crash bar. I changed it out for the steel quarter pounder and I like it better. Had to relocate the vacuum pump, chop crash bar and rotate the rubicon sway bar motor. I like that the winch is sunk and out of the way of the radiator. I ran it first without the stinger, but after I moved and had the garage space, went with the stinger. From some angles it looks a little goofy. I contemplate removing it, but I'd rather hit a jerk Miami driver with the stinger than without.

PS blocks a lot of radiator:
35435169465_1aceeac619_k.jpg

1/4 pounder is clean:
38866443485_c9f0b96108_k.jpg

And with stinger:
28611769977_3caa9d43f8_b.jpg

29627229438_0e8a88cc92_b.jpg

Thank you! That helps me a lot! I was wondering how a top mounted winch would affect the radiator vs a recessed style. I really like the 1/4 Pounder with stinger. And so far it’s still my number one choice to go with.

Willys17

Not to sway you in the other direction but I love my Destroyer Stubby. Ease of install a definite plus on this one, but don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I love the LoD destroyer stubby with the bull bar! But there are other times where I see a Jeep with a stinger and really like the look.. can’t go wrong either way [emoji106] both are great choices. Image1536379914.899880.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Not to sway you in the other direction but I love my Destroyer Stubby. Ease of install a definite plus on this one, but don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Thank you. I agree, the easier to install the better. Watching Eddie install his Destroyer on Jet Li definitely shows how easy it can be.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I love the LoD destroyer stubby with the bull bar! But there are other times where I see a Jeep with a stinger and really like the look.. can’t go wrong either way [emoji106] both are great choices. View attachment 310099

Thanks for your input. I really do like the simplicity of the bull bar but a stinger looks killer too.

Edit: Have you had any cooling issues with the winch being mounted on top? I don’t think there would be just wondering.

Top Bottom