Looking at the Rancho 2" lift .........

WLFMOON

I'm looking at purchasing the Rancho 2" lift for a 2 door JL Rubi.
Eddie gave it a really decent review for a cheap lift.....was wondering if it needs anything else, like lower adjustable control arms or track bars after installing this lift on the new JL?
My 2013 JK Rubi is all built and the JL will be the daily driver, so I want something halfway decent, that would still be comfy on a long ride.

deezus

Eddie gave it a really decent review for a cheap lift.....was wondering if it needs anything else, like lower adjustable control arms or track bars after installing this lift on the new JL?
My 2013 JK Rubi is all built and the JL will be the daily driver, so I want something halfway decent, that would still be comfy on a long ride.
IMO affordable would be a better way to describe it and it's worth every penny. It will Get 37s on your JL and allow you to do the Rubicon.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I was also looking at this lift. I did notice that they do have the option of getting 9000 shocks instead of the 5000. which would be the way to go. :twocents:

I had the rancho 2” on my JK for 1.5 years til I just did my coil overs earlier this month. Compared to factory the ride was fantastic and the install was very straight forward. I did gain over 2” of lift so think I could’ve benefited from some further upgrades but never got to them. For example, I got quicker disconnects and at their maximum length I still couldn’t quite level out the swaybar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Had the 2" Rancho with the 9ks on my jk, really was a great lift for the price and did great around town and on the Rubicon. Like said before I got about 2.5in so was on the boarder for raised track bar brackets and adjustable arms. But its cheap, rode well and got the job done

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As mentioned, I like to look at it as being "affordable" - NOT "cheap". It really is a great lift for how little it costs and no, you really don't need anything else but the kit.

BobNH

I put this lift, the 2" with progressive springs (not to be confused with the old spring and spacer sport lift), on my 2 door JK. I can't offer any JL related data, but can offer it was well worth the money. Far better than a spacer lift. It is economy and stayed that way on mine, meaning I went with the 5000 shocks because i don't need to play around with settings and live in the northeast so salt was a concern. Also didn't bother with lcas. My caster came in at 3.5* after lift. It tracks good as ever, and the wheel recenters just fine. Some seem to tout a 5* target, but I can't find any data on how that added pinion angle works out versus a minimal caster issue. So to me, lcas were a needless expense. I did spend the scratch on jks quicker discos just to get front sway back to level. I popped links on a 2" bb with stock links on my TJ, so didn't take the chance.
The ride is better than stock. Firm, but responsive. Both my 08 Rubi and now my 12 Sahara would "walk" across washboard, meaning lose any grip and just lack control. This is still firm, but tracks straight and true through washboard. My Sahara only had 61k on it, and springs/shocks were still very good, with that stupid front rake.
The rake is also gone. And still level after adding a Warn vr10, Rockhard stock bumper winch plate and a smittybilt xrc skid.
The front shocks are your limit straps that prevent drooping your front ds into your exhaust crossover. So even discoed, the shocks only extend so far. Food for thought if you think this is some $400 uber flex lift for some reason.
My opinion is this kit, on the JK, is an outstanding upgrade for those who want moderate clearance for moderate offroad tasks. I cannot wait to try it out next year. Did not get all items done in time to really play much this year. But it is finally done.
Pic added, sitting on 275/70r18 ko2s.
20181025_171647.jpg
Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom