NP241 Front Output Bearing

AlStew

I have been trying to track down a vibration for awhile and it appears to be my front tcase output bearing has failed. Long ago I had a wimpy little torque wrench when I installed the front aftermarket shaft. I don’t know what I was thinking, if I was even thinking at all... I took a short video but I don’t know how to upload on the app. Anyways, do I need to split the case to remove the bearing? I’m hoping this is somewhat of an easy job, wishful thinking [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks for helping me out. Didn’t know you could do that.

No problem. I don’t have any experience with rebuilding it, but if you’re handy and can deal with the Jeep being down for a while, a quick search on YouTube showed some np241 breakdowns and rebuilds. I also found rebuild kits on the interwebs for about $150.... of course this is assuming a rebuild is necessary. Someone might chime in with a quick fix.

Exodus 4x4

They’re fairly straightforward to rebuild. Just be careful removing the seals, you can damage the housing pretty easily. I’ve also had a lot of the bolts break off in the housing so be prepared to drill some out.

Top Bottom