Moab (2nd time around)

Mizippi

Looking for some advise:

I am headed out to Moab with some friends the week of the 23rd. Are we missing anything cool (and/or difficult) below:

- Fins and things
- Hells revenge (gate, escalator, tip over. No hot tub for me)
- Top of the world
- poison spyder / golden spike / golden Bar
- metal masher (widow maker / rock chucker / left side of the tree on undercut ledge)
- Kane creek.
- Pritchett Canyon (Rocker Knocker)
- cliffhanger
- behind the rocks

Also suggestions on restaurants would be great. Thanks in advance!

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Moab Rim, Cliffhanger & Steelbender are good fun, and great scenery.
The Spoke on Center for burgers & the meatloaf is excellent( beef, pork, & chorizo wrapped in bacon). Blue pig for BBQ, The Atomic for Buffalo black bean chili, Zax for pizza buffet, the Moab Brewery for beer and typical American cuisine, Milt's for classic burgers & shakes.

desertrunner

I just did my 3rd trip out there not too long ago. And of the trails on your list I have run 1/2 of them.

Fins and things is not particularly difficult but has really cool scenery. It's very similar to hells revenge so if your trying to trim your list with your build I'd just do hells revenge and skip fins and things, unless your just looking for an easier day.

If you haven't done top of the world it's well worth the drive for the view. Super cool trail but again not high on the difficulty scale either.

Metal masher and behind the rocks are longer days really cool trails and will be able to give you some better challenges.

The trifecta of PS/GS/GBR is an awesome trail set for views and difficulty. It is a bit of a longer day as well running all 3.

I made an attempt to go out to area BFE my second trip out. I did it with just me and my dad and we were not familiar with the area and ended up getting pretty turned around and there are areas with tons of off shoots for places to go so I would reccomend either going with someone that knows the area or have a good map of it because I found it confusing. Maybe I am an anomaly on that one but we couldn't easily figure out where to go quite a few times.

Cant speak to the rest of them though but sounds like a really good list for a variety of difficulties and views. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

Hidden cuisine on the south side of town is a newer place and had some really awesome food (particularly breakfast). There is also a really good wood fire pizza place in town I cant remember the name of it but it's fairly new as well. And also the food truck called quesadilla mobila is fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom