Wave from Cape Town, S.Africa

Saundeki

Hi you all, I am delighted to become a member of this forum, and I am keen to tap into the expertise and experience of the other established members in order to learn more about Jeeps and the modifications necessary for more serious off-roading.
I have a 2010 JKU powered by a 2.8L turbodiesel (Euro spec) that I bought a few years ago because it was in sound condition and relatively cheap. It is stock standard and has done no off-roading apart from a few weekends worth of dune routes and the odd gravel-surfaced mountain road trail that has offered nothing more challenging than deep ruts, large potholes and moderately steep gradients.
I have retired a fortnight ago, and I now have the time available to realize my dream of having a great looking and performing Jeep off-roader. I will eventually swap out the diesel motor (only +160 HP) for a more suitably powerful and torquey petrol-driven V8 which are easily sourced and reasonably inexpensive locally. So I have decided to invest some decent money in acquiring top-class suspension and underpinnings, which leads to my first question to you all: what is the difference if any between a dual shock suspension a la Rebel Recon and a double throw down coil over system a la Evo, and which system works better under what circumstances; i.e., what are the advantages and disadvantages of either system.
I look forward to hearing from you!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi you all, I am delighted to become a member of this forum, and I am keen to tap into the expertise and experience of the other established members in order to learn more about Jeeps and the modifications necessary for more serious off-roading.
I have a 2010 JKU powered by a 2.8L turbodiesel (Euro spec) that I bought a few years ago because it was in sound condition and relatively cheap. It is stock standard and has done no off-roading apart from a few weekends worth of dune routes and the odd gravel-surfaced mountain road trail that has offered nothing more challenging than deep ruts, large potholes and moderately steep gradients.
I have retired a fortnight ago, and I now have the time available to realize my dream of having a great looking and performing Jeep off-roader. I will eventually swap out the diesel motor (only +160 HP) for a more suitably powerful and torquey petrol-driven V8 which are easily sourced and reasonably inexpensive locally. So I have decided to invest some decent money in acquiring top-class suspension and underpinnings, which leads to my first question to you all: what is the difference if any between a dual shock suspension a la Rebel Recon and a double throw down coil over system a la Evo, and which system works better under what circumstances; i.e., what are the advantages and disadvantages of either system.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Wayalife! Post 3 is probably correct, concerning your question.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom