JK WRANGLER CB BAR Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've seen my JL WRANGLER CB BAR and have been wanting one for your 2007-18 JK WRANGLER, I'm happy to say that brackets are being made for it now and that I hope to have them ready to ship by next week. Just like the JL version, the JK CB BAR is an overhead CB Radio mount designed to accommodate a full size unit like a Cobra 29 and it's a 100% bolt on system that utilizes existing holes in the factory roll bar. In other words, NO DRILLING, NO CUTTING and NO REMOVAL of any of the interior trim is required to install it. It's also been designed to work with a hard top, soft top or no top and without blocking the rear view mirror or interfering with the sun visors, header latches or Freedom Top locks. The CB BAR is super easy to install, can be done in just minutes and with just a few basic tools.

Unlike the JL CB BAR, the JK mounting brackets are straight and have slotted holes where they get bolted up to the CB BAR itself.
20180917192442-f60d7230-me.jpg

The brackets are slotted because the tolerances on a JK Wrangler vary a bit but ultimately, you'll want to have them set at about 49-1/4" eye to eye. You can make these adjustments on your JK.
20180917192434-66769125-me.jpg

Below are a few pic that I took test fitting the JK CB BAR on Moby (NOTE: I did have to partially remove my Rock Hard Sport Cage to make this test possible and that's why you are seeing the A-pillar supports with handles).
20180911114932-a485473a-me.jpg

20180911114934-5995fd27-me.jpg

Here are a couple from above to show what a hard top or no top installation would look like.
20180911114940-164d31db-me.jpg

20180911114954-90abd7f0-me.jpg

These are shots that show how it installs with soft top door surrounds.
20180911115010-30db2728-me.jpg

20180911114930-0843ef1e-me.jpg

A couple more shots from below looking up.
20180911114947-04324bdb-me.jpg

20180911114958-d9325616-me.jpg

The CB BAR comes powder coated in a fine texture, semi-gloss black and it comes complete with all the hardware you need to install it. Click on the link below to pre-order yours today:

CLICK HERE TO BUY a WAYALIFE CB BAR

:cool:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Dumb question, but...

How did you get the plastic clip off the gearkeeper? did you have to break it? I've tried digging in there with a screwdriver, needle nose, etc. But I don't want to just break it off if there is some trick I'm unaware of... :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda big. I still like the small CB mount brackets.

If you're referring to the CB being kind of big, that's the whole point. A big part of why it's big is because it has a BIG speaker and one that you can actually hear with your doors and top off. I've run Cobra 75's and Uniden's in the past but they have speakers the size of my thumb and I can't hear squat with them. But, to each their own.

Dumb question, but...

How did you get the plastic clip off the gearkeeper? did you have to break it? I've tried digging in there with a screwdriver, needle nose, etc. But I don't want to just break it off if there is some trick I'm unaware of... :idontknow:

LOL - you just have to break it off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Off topic a bit here.....whats above the radio that says "jeep" ?

Actually, if you can believe it, back in 2007, there was no such thing as an infotainment system or nav for the JK but Jeep did offer a Garmin GPS system that would be plugged into the cubby you see. Basically, it was a docking station as the GPS was removable and could be taken on a hike as well.

aro

This is very cool, I like it. Will it work though with a hard top? The freedom panels are not completely flat, they have that... what should I call it... big "wave", rounded profile going along the support bars.

I tried at some point a similar bar, albeit a much uglier improvisation, and I couldn't get it straight across the support bars, from one side to the other, because of the profile of the freedom panels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is very cool, I like it. Will it work though with a hard top? The freedom panels are not completely flat, they have that... what should I call it... big "wave", rounded profile going along the support bars.

I tried at some point a similar bar, albeit a much uglier improvisation, and I couldn't get it straight across the support bars, from one side to the other, because of the profile of the freedom panels.

Unfortunately, I don't know for sure as I no longer have a hard top to test it out on. I will look into this though and try to find out soon.

trailraider

Actually, if you can believe it, back in 2007, there was no such thing as an infotainment system or nav for the JK but Jeep did offer a Garmin GPS system that would be plugged into the cubby you see. Basically, it was a docking station as the GPS was removable and could be taken on a hike as well.

interesting. Never have I seen that. learn something new every day.

SmileyFtW

Another option

I found a rack that will meet not only my CB needs, but is a very convenient place for magnetic LED worklights, a holster and magazines. It also is compatible with the sPod switch system.
https://amzn.to/2xiZKD2
MolleRackJeep.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I found a rack that will meet not only my CB needs, but is a very convenient place for magnetic LED worklights, a holster and magazines. It also is compatible with the sPod switch system.
https://amzn.to/2xiZKD2

Umm, cool dude. Since you seemed to have missed it, this thread was started by me to promote MY solution for mounting a full size CB. As in, this is something that I'm making and selling. Perhaps next time you could extend a little courtesy and make YOUR OWN post to talk about what you decided to do. :rolleyes2:

WJCO

Meme King

Pimp your shit elsewhere. And spod sucks major donkey dick. They couldn't pay me to put that shit on my Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pimp your shit elsewhere. And spod sucks major donkey dick. They couldn't pay me to put that shit on my Jeep.

LOL!! Didn't even get far enough to see the sPod mention. Seriously, you couldn't pay me to support that shady guy.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I have the CB BAR JK Wrangler brackets in and they're shipping now!

Unlike the JL CB BAR, the JK mounting brackets are straight and have slotted holes where they get bolted up to the CB BAR itself. Also, the brackets are universal and can be used on either side of your JK.
20180917192442-f60d7230-me.jpg

The brackets are slotted because the tolerances on a JK Wrangler vary a bit but ultimately, you'll want to have them set at about 49-1/4" eye to eye. You can make these adjustments on your JK.
20180917192434-66769125-me.jpg

Otherwise, installation of it is even easier than it is on the JL and all the hardware needed comes with the CB BAR. Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

jdofmemi

Do you know if it will fit with a Rock Hard sport cage?

I need to upgrade from the Cobra 75 that I can't hear, and no one can hear me either.

Top Bottom