VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Jeep JL Wrangler Spiderweb Sunshade Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the 80’s, BMW used to advertise their 325i covertable as being, “the ultimate tanning machine”. As if they could have ever held a candle to a Jeep JL Wrangler. However, if there is a downside to running doorless and topless, it’s that the sun can be relentless. And, depending on how long you’re out in it, that can leave you sizzling! So, what do ya do when you wanna strip down and enjoy that open air feel but would really like to have a bit of protection from the sun? You get a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE!

Made in the USA, the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE is a bikini or safari top designed to keep you cool but without completely blocking your view of the sky. It’ll block up to 90% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, reduce wind noise and being that it doesn’t use a header, it never has to be removed. In other words, you can keep it on even if you reinstall your factory top. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install. We hope you enjoy.

BUY a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE:
https://amzn.to/2NsGJbt

BUY a Milwaukee M12 Ratchet:
https://amzn.to/2x2MGkZ

See More pics of the SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE Installed here:
CHILLIN in the SHADE - JL Wrangler SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE for JET Li

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think they might try and incorporate some of this design onto the JK shade?

I doubt they could. The JL has plastic trim pieces that get bolted on. This allowed them to come up with the improved design. The JK has padding and unless you drilled holes, I don't think it'd work.

I think I might get one for my JKU as well thanks Eddie

They are really nice to have :yup:

Very nice:thumb:

Thank you :)

LeighP

Great improve over the JK version. Still can't get over how easy it is to drop the windscreen on a JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great instal video! And you guys at spiderweb sun shades great design! Looks factory [emoji106]

Thanks and yes, it really does have a factory installed look :yup:

Great improve over the JK version. Still can't get over how easy it is to drop the windscreen on a JL.

It literally is that easy. The only thing that would make it easier is if the windshield wipers were still located on the windshield itself lit it was on the CJ.

longarmwj

If my Trektop NX didn't have the bikini top, I would for sure grab one of these for my JK.

But then again, the bikini top isn't all that hard to take off :hmm:

BuiltUpJKU

I had this for my JKU. Recently upgraded to a JL and now hate going topless without it. They even make going topless a little quieter, wind noise that is. Great product.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom