Austin Tell me more!

critter812

Figured this was the best place for this. I am moving from NC to Austin. Need some help pointing me in the right areas to look for a house and any other fun suggestions you guys have!

TheGrendel

yo, first off, welcome to the Lone Star state. the big question is do you know where you work location is and do you have kiddos or plan to have kiddos any time soon?

The Jeep community is pretty active here. lots of runs out to Hidden Falls.

critter812

yo, first off, welcome to the Lone Star state. the big question is do you know where you work location is and do you have kiddos or plan to have kiddos any time soon?

The Jeep community is pretty active here. lots of runs out to Hidden Falls.

My Kiddo is 20 and no plans for any new ones! and Zip Code is 78721 looks like 183 Central exit would be best of where work is

TheGrendel

My Kiddo is 20 and no plans for any new ones! and Zip Code is 78721 looks like 183 Central exit would be best of where work is

cool. in that case, you have lots of options. if you want some acreage to mess about on, there's good stuff between Manor and Paige that's not too expensive. commute on 290 from there is not bad. if you want typical neighborhood, Pflugerville has a bunch of new ones and if you use the 130 toll road the commute is fast.

try to limit or avoid altogether I35 commutes. it is a broken freeway of hell. also, going East to West or West to East in Austin is nigh impossible, so i would limit yourself to the East side.

if you have a healthy budget and want to be closer to the action, East Austin is one of the hippest places around. great food. great bars. does come with some of the issues you see in big cities. but, crime here in nearly all of the areas is way, way less than big cities like Houston or Dallas.

when you get here, send me PM. i'll meet you for a drink. talk Jeeps. :thumb:

critter812

cool. in that case, you have lots of options. if you want some acreage to mess about on, there's good stuff between Manor and Paige that's not too expensive. commute on 290 from there is not bad. if you want typical neighborhood, Pflugerville has a bunch of new ones and if you use the 130 toll road the commute is fast.

try to limit or avoid altogether I35 commutes. it is a broken freeway of hell. also, going East to West or West to East in Austin is nigh impossible, so i would limit yourself to the East side.

if you have a healthy budget and want to be closer to the action, East Austin is one of the hippest places around. great food. great bars. does come with some of the issues you see in big cities. but, crime here in nearly all of the areas is way, way less than big cities like Houston or Dallas.

when you get here, send me PM. i'll meet you for a drink. talk Jeeps. :thumb:

Cool Much appreciated!

Jegar

If you’re into wheeling, besides Hidden Falls (which is very popular with the Austin crowd, likely due to proximity), there is also Wolf Caves in Mason, TX is
In my opinion the beat place to wheel (massive granite boulders). There are other great places, as well, but they are seasonal and only open certain weekends due to primarily being hunting leases: Stillwaters Ranch in Llano, TX (Limestone shelves, creekbeds, steep hills, etc.), Trees Ranch in Leakey, TX (Stillwaters terrain on steroids), and K2/Katemcy in Maaon, TX (abutting along Wolf Caves). HF has all types of off-road vehicles; the others are full-size only/mainly Jeeps or buggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exodus 4x4

Personally I would stay out towards Manor.

Actually if we’re being honest I wouldn’t go anywhere near Austin. There’s a reason for that toll road around it. If you get stuck in town on 35 too long your pants shrink and your car turns into a Prius.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom