Offroad Evolution JK Half Doors

nicholsmf

When looking at half buying some half doors I was interested in the Offroad Evolution doors. I couldn't find many pics at all of the doors. Most of the pics I could find were of show Jeeps and I knew those pics were not a realistic representation of how they would look on my JK.

Anyway, I bought them and figured I would post of some pics for others who might be looking to see what they actually look like before they buy them and also post my opinion of them.

My opinion - Exactly what I wanted. Lightweight, perfect fit, and a quality latch mechanism that doesn't rattle at all.

Construction - The doors are multiple piece doors when you get them. The main part of the door is an aluminum sheet with a lip formed on the bottom. The top armrest piece is a separate formed piece that attached with about 10 included button head cap screws and nuts. The hinges come with the doors and attach like any JK hinge with included hardware. The latch mechanisms also attached with button head cap screw that are provided.

Finish - The hinges and latches come powder coated so I left them as the came. The door panel I had painted stone white to match the Jeep. The armrest piece I sprayed with Plastidip because I've found it to be pretty dang durable with multiple coats and it provides a slightly grippy surface but not a rough surface.

Interior side - no door panels or anything. Just the other side of the metal and the exposed latch mechanism. Some might not like this. It's fine with me. I plan to plastidip the interior side of the doors at some point - or not. Time will tell.

Mirrors - They do accept mirrors. I went cheap (hate it when I do that) and bought a $100 set of mirrors from Extreme Terrain. Don't remember the manufacturer but they are some Chinese MOPAR knockoffs. They don't fit at all. Could be the doors, but I'm familiar with Offroad Evolution quality so I assume the fit issues are the cheap mirrors I bought. I'll order a set of mirrors from the dealership soon and see how they fit.

Anyway, here's a few pics from different angles. Again, I just wanted to share some thoughts and mostly some pics of what they look like on a normal persons Jeep, not a $85K show Jeep.

Hope this is helpful to someone trying to make a choice on what door they want.

20180912_190614_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190800_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190754_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190625_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190614_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190556_1280x960.jpg

20180912_190603_1280x960.jpg

jdofmemi

Thanks for posting.

Those are great looking doors. They fit your Jeep well.

The only question I have is about the gap at the bottom. While I like it from a style perspective, I am concerned about "stuff" falling out in rough terrain.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Great pics. The two tone looks good. I’m thinking I’ll eventually do the evo half doors. I’ll probably end up getting the fillers to fill the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great looking doors! Very nice lines.

As much as I like the styling I would need the fillers also or else i would have stuff scattered all along the trail.

Yeah the inside of my Jeep usually looks like a yard sale.......

Is there any added ventilation from the cuts at road speed?

BaddestCross

nicholsmf

Great looking doors! Very nice lines.

As much as I like the styling I would need the fillers also or else i would have stuff scattered all along the trail.

Yeah the inside of my Jeep usually looks like a yard sale.......

Is there any added ventilation from the cuts at road speed?

Not sure about any added ventilation. My wife said she like it better with these half doors compared to no doors because they block some of the wind.

nicholsmf

What was the deal with the cheap mirrors? Why didnt they fit? Doors look great color matched!:thumb:

11008721_adr_ch1320271_pri_larg.jpg

Those two tabs on the back side that are internally threaded are too close together so the mirrors won't set flush to the door. Ground them down to get them to fit and now one of them is too long to work with the brackets that EVO provides to mount the mirrors. I'm gonna buy a set of OEM mirors and try to use the brackets BESTOP makes for use with their tube doors. Looks that will work but not sure.

nicholsmf

And here's a pic of the inside. I thought I posted it in my first post. I'll spray them with plastidip eventually so they are black.

20180912_190812_1280x960.jpg

Top Bottom