The Lucky Jeep Build

I-Eat-Mud

Thought i'd finally make a build thead of my two door sardonically named Lucky. Bought it new in 2015 off the lot, two door rubicon. Originally stuck it on a 3.5" rubicon express lift and some 37" toyos with 5.13 gears. Kept it in this configuration for quite a while.

20170723_131953.jpg

The Rubicon express lift left a lot to be desired, and I was having some general issues with bump steer, etc. So I decided to redo the suspension some. You all know how jeeps just snowball right? Well it ended up stretched 6" rear on 14" coilovers, 2" in front with long arms, and 1 ton axles.

Suspension:
Custom setup in the rear, 14" fox coilovers with a 6" stretch long arm setup. Metalcloak 3.5" with lock-n-load long arms in the front.

Wheels & Tires:
40" Cooper STT pro on 17" Dirtylife Roadkill Beadlocks

Bumpers:
Cheapo stubby front bumper (i'm honestly not sure what brand)
Evo rear bumper delete fascia
Poison Spyder tire carrier

Armor:
Rubcon express skids
Crawler conceptz corner armor
Custom sliders

Drivetrain:
1 ton axles from an 06 superduty
Dana super 60 front
Sterling 10.5 rear
1350 adams driveshafts
Winch:
12,000 pound badlands

Performance:
Hacked off exhaust after resonator? is that performance?
Traildash 2

Lights:
Denzus headlights
Poison Spyder tails and reverse lights

Accessories:
Midland 75-822 CB
Bartract seat covers
Hitch mount beaver tail
Other things i'm forgetting

IMG_0195.jpg

I'm going to be making some more changes here pretty soon, so I'll keep this thread updated.
next up:
Cage (most important)
Fix uptravel issue
New master cyl and brake booster
Fab new bumper
better air source
Atlas or 203-205
rear line lock for front digs

Last edited:

I-Eat-Mud

I posted this in another thread earlier, but figured my own build thread would be more appropriate...

View attachment 310382

View attachment 310383

View attachment 310384

Stuck it on a CTI trailer and realized I have a LOT of cutting to do, and that I may need to lift it another inch or so. I've love to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking about a 3/4 or 1" inch spacer up front, cutting off the front fender and support (Fabbing up a flat fender that's more TJ style later down the line)

Raising the coilovers in the rear to be level with the front after the coil spacer, then trimming the same shape i already have in the rear about 2" upwards.

Nothing was binding in my 4 link, or anywhere. Everything had plenty of travel left, just tires hitting fenders. And for the record I had way more travel with my ran down 37s. I'd love input from y'all!

Last edited:

I-Eat-Mud

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm in the process of moving into a place with a decent shop, so i'll be able to get some work on the jeep done, and post up some progress then. I hope you guys like people bumbling through cutting up a perfectly good jeep. 'Cause that's what you will get in this thread.

BaddestCross

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm in the process of moving into a place with a decent shop, so i'll be able to get some work on the jeep done, and post up some progress then. I hope you guys like people bumbling through cutting up a perfectly good jeep. 'Cause that's what you will get in this thread.
It's all good. I'll let you be the guinea pig so when I get to that point you can tell me what not to do. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Amazing Jeep! Love the color and customization! 40s look crazy big on a two door!

I posted this in another thread earlier, but figured my own build thread would be more appropriate...

View attachment 310382

View attachment 310383

View attachment 310384
Stuck it on a CTI trailer and realized I have a LOT of cutting to do, and that I may need to lift it another inch or so. I've love to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking about a 3/4 or 1" inch spacer up front, cutting off the front fender and support (Fabbing up a flat fender that's more TJ style later down the line)

Raising the coilovers in the rear to be level with the front after the coil spacer, then trimming the same shape i already have in the rear about 2" upwards.

Nothing was binding in my 4 link, or anywhere. Everything had plenty of travel left, just tires hitting fenders. And for the record I had way more travel with my ran down 37s. I'd love input from y'all!

Top Bottom