Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Fender

Just cut the stockers. I can't imagine how much rain water will shoot up without fenders, but with cut fenders I'm throwing rooster tails
    2015 JKU Rubicon

Hooked
    You do you man. My buddy really liked how the fenderless look was on mine during the install process of new ones but this is a guy that already has questionable taste. If you run it at least get the ACE delete kit or similar so it’s not as obvious but the man reason I decided against it is that it just looks incomplete. I have what I consider super narrow 3” fenders but even a little goes along way IMO. Plus I can’t imagine what rocks would kick up, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by conner View Post
    well with my stubby bumper, the bumper is flush with the body lines without fenders. i would probably bedline the indentions left from removal and add some rivets that way it looks more finished
    Honestly, if I were you, I would run either cut stock fenders, or a super narrow flat fender. I wouldn't just take them off. As others have said the amount of crap that would be thrown up would be idiotic. The rocks being thrown up would be on a mission to chip the shit out of your paint and if you're really unlucky, crack a windshield if it's thrown at the right angle.

Not to mention the fact that if you go down any kind of road with any light mud on it, you will have one hell of a clean up job ahead of you.
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Honestly, if I were you, I would run either cut stock fenders, or a super narrow flat fender. I wouldn't just take them off. As others have said the amount of crap that would be thrown up would be idiotic. The rocks being thrown up would be on a mission to chip the shit out of your paint and if you're really unlucky, crack a windshield if it's thrown at the right angle.

Not to mention the fact that if you go down any kind of road with any light mud on it, you will have one hell of a clean up job ahead of you.
    I'd have to agree. Even with trimmed factory flares, I throw up a ton of rocks and have busted my own windshield because of it. As for mud, forget it - I plaster myself and it sucks. I can't imagine what it would be like without any flares.

IMG_0505.jpg

Mud + no fenders =

————————
    2016 Granite Crystal Metallic 2 door Jk

Metal cloak sells fenders with removable flares only 2 bolts I think to put on/ remove flare

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMetal View Post
    Metal cloak sells fenders with removable flares only 2 bolts I think to put on/ remove flare
    Yeah, but they look like ass.

IMG_0124.jpg

There’s always the el cheapos

————————
    2016 Granite Crystal Metallic 2 door Jk

Evo has a nice set of fenders. You should check them out
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yeah, but they look like ass.
    Yeah I’ve never seen them in person but I had the solid set on 2012 and I liked the look of them way more then my poison spyder ones

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast