No Fender

conner

Is anyone running no fenders on their JK? If you are or have, would you recommend it? IMG_1162.jpg

I had one off and thought it looked pretty solid.

E2do7

I run without fenders. Mainly because I seen too many people hit their fenders at Windrock. Snapchat-1539904222.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I-Eat-Mud

I’m considering going fenderless for a while in the front. But I really want to find a way to give it a clean, more finished look. I’m also concerned about kicking rocks up into my windshield. Overall it’s a pretty dumb idea but I’ll probably end up doing it until I fab up some.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

conner

I would maybe run fenderless in the rear but not the front. The JKs front tapers in and doesn’t look right fenderless

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

well with my stubby bumper, the bumper is flush with the body lines without fenders. i would probably bedline the indentions left from removal and add some rivets that way it looks more finished

zimm

Caught the Bug
Just cut the stockers. I can't imagine how much rain water will shoot up without fenders, but with cut fenders I'm throwing rooster tails

MDK210

You do you man. My buddy really liked how the fenderless look was on mine during the install process of new ones but this is a guy that already has questionable taste. If you run it at least get the ACE delete kit or similar so it’s not as obvious but the man reason I decided against it is that it just looks incomplete. I have what I consider super narrow 3” fenders but even a little goes along way IMO. Plus I can’t imagine what rocks would kick up, yikes.

longarmwj

well with my stubby bumper, the bumper is flush with the body lines without fenders. i would probably bedline the indentions left from removal and add some rivets that way it looks more finished

Honestly, if I were you, I would run either cut stock fenders, or a super narrow flat fender. I wouldn't just take them off. As others have said the amount of crap that would be thrown up would be idiotic. The rocks being thrown up would be on a mission to chip the shit out of your paint and if you're really unlucky, crack a windshield if it's thrown at the right angle.

Not to mention the fact that if you go down any kind of road with any light mud on it, you will have one hell of a clean up job ahead of you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, if I were you, I would run either cut stock fenders, or a super narrow flat fender. I wouldn't just take them off. As others have said the amount of crap that would be thrown up would be idiotic. The rocks being thrown up would be on a mission to chip the shit out of your paint and if you're really unlucky, crack a windshield if it's thrown at the right angle.

Not to mention the fact that if you go down any kind of road with any light mud on it, you will have one hell of a clean up job ahead of you.

I'd have to agree. Even with trimmed factory flares, I throw up a ton of rocks and have busted my own windshield because of it. As for mud, forget it - I plaster myself and it sucks. I can't imagine what it would be like without any flares.

FLAVE

IMG_0124.jpg

There’s always the el cheapos

————————
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic 2 door Jk

Top Bottom