JL diesel sighting

rockwell

I’m at the entrance to Hells Revenge in Moab and there are 4 JL diesels in the parking lot with manufacturer plates getting ready to run it. I couldn’t get a peek under the hood but they sounded nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
We are going to need you to follow them closely.... when they stop for lunch, jump in a go!!! Take plenty of video and post up a trail report before you get arrested. We’ll come bail you out. Good luck.

rockwell

Unfortunately I am jeepless, out here on business. I just drove to the entrance to check it out. They had them running so it was pretty obvious what they were. They look like any other JL so the few pics I got are boring. They wouldn’t pop the hood or really answer any questions so this is kinda a useless post but it’s nice to know that they are out there and being field tested.
IMG_1407.jpg IMG_1410.JPG

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah JL's are old news now. Glad I have my classic JK...haha. Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to the different motor options by the time I'm ready to purchase a JL.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rockwell

I want to hear how the motor sounds

It sounded nice, like a 335d I had. Not very loud but very distinctive. I walked behind it to see if I could hear the turbo like I could on some other diesels but I couldn’t. I peeked under at the muffler and saw what looked like a DEF tank, it looked like a prototype more than a final product. They were also testing a Dodge truck
IMG_1409.jpg

rockwell

Must be my lucky weekend, I just saw the Jeep pickup go by in Grand Junction. It’s all covered up in that black vinyl. There is a bunch of hotels around here, when I get out of work I’m going to drive around and see if I can find them if they are staying local

98XJ06LJ

Must be my lucky weekend, I just saw the Jeep pickup go by in Grand Junction. It’s all covered up in that black vinyl. There is a bunch of hotels around here, when I get out of work I’m going to drive around and see if I can find them if they are staying local

Stay on it!! They seem to like using I-70 as highway test from GJ to Denver. Good days drive and lots of elevation. Hopefully you can get some pics.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom