Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you tow your Jeep in a toy-hauler?

Leave it to me to bring the redneck crap to the thread. I'm planning on building a crawler hauler sooner than later. I'm basically shooting for this. Will still be able to use the trailer for anything else if needed, and you can get the camping portion set up on the cheap.
    crawlerhauler2.jpgcrawlerhauler1.jpg

Not my pics, but that's the plan. Significantly less nice than most of the other options in this thread, but you can get slide in campers for under a grand all day.

Nothing but a Thing 13_gecko_rubi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Eat-Mud View Post
    Leave it to me to bring the redneck crap to the thread. I'm planning on building a crawler hauler sooner than later. I'm basically shooting for this. Will still be able to use the trailer for anything else if needed, and you can get the camping portion set up on the cheap.

Not my pics, but that's the plan. Significantly less nice than most of the other options in this thread, but you can get slide in campers for under a grand all day.
    Those "redneck" setups still work well. My buddy is making one now but he's using a larger camper on the front vs a truck bed one. He's been looking at 20' campers to go on his 40' trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I-Eat-Mud View Post

Built not bought..haha. Hell if it works, why not!

Fresh Catch
    Check out @530motorsports on Instagram. He put a 5th wheel on a gooseneck and it looks amazing.

crawler-hauler.jpg
    Jason

2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

The-Scarlet-Witch-Build-Thread

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/scarletwitch_jku/

Quote Originally Posted by JLasher22443 View Post
    Check out @530motorsports on Instagram. He put a 5th wheel on a gooseneck and it looks amazing.

crawler-hauler.jpg
    The camper build is sweet! Not sure what to say about the FJ... and that tow rig looks a little light.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    What you got going on has been my plan, but so much goes on at the hotel after a day of riding I feel like I would rather just pay for the hotel. I知 still on the fence...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    What you got going on has been my plan, but so much goes on at the hotel after a day of riding I feel like I would rather just pay for the hotel. I知 still on the fence...

Bow chicka bow!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post

I do agree with staying in hotel with everyone. Half the fun is hearing all the stories from the day out on the trail and then looking forward to the next one. Just need open goose to get you to and from.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    Good idea. My thoughts are just put the truck camper in the dually and then tow my Jeep on a Featherlite alum car hauler that I've already got. Looking for a Ram 3500, now. The other idea in my head is a Featherlite race car hauler or even better a Sundowner Garage Model. Built to commercial standards, (riveted aluminum sides, like a semi trailer) they are a MUCH better investment than any fiberglass bonded to plywood, camper type toy hauler. Featherlite has been building all the race trailers for the pros for years. Sundowner is just redesigning their top notch horse trailers for the auto enthusiast market. You can even order them with polished stainless sides.
    For guys on a budget, like me, you can even buy a used pro quality horse trailer and remove the gates and make your own garage model.
    Here is some pics of the Sundowner, pulled from the web...
    Sundowner.jpgSundowner2.jpg

Kuboske.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123