I feel privileged to be accosted by the Wayalife clique.

Ddays

Hooked
What about synergy?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They're great if you want to look at a constantly flopped tie rod. And deal with stupid fucking spring retainers that are supposed to hold the boot onto the rod ends.

Ironically I just got a quote from Bubba at Exodus Jeeps today for a 1.5" tie rod he makes in-house with GM 1 ton TRE's for $250.00. Comes powder coated too for that price. :thumb:

J

JKDream

They're great if you want to look at a constantly flopped tie rod. And deal with stupid fucking spring retainers that are supposed to hold the boot onto the rod ends.

They actually changed the boots recently, they don't fall off anymore.
Agree about the flop though. I had to use the misalignment spacers when I installed hydro.

dillard09

Ironically I just got a quote from Bubba at Exodus Jeeps today for a 1.5" tie rod he makes in-house with GM 1 ton TRE's for $250.00. Comes powder coated too for that price. :thumb:

I used synergy tie rod and ram assist and never had a problem with a floppy rod. It can be setup to not flop and will take a pretty good beating.
But I would go with the Exodus Jeeps rod. I have seen them in person and they are badass.

Ddays

Hooked
There are a ton of other tie rods out there but here are the specs on the ones mentioned so far. I didn't realize the Synergy bars were different now. Mine is over 3 years old. It has held up to hits just fine but at the time I thought it was kind of silly that I had to run anti-flop washers. And the boots on my version suck.

Metalcloak: 1.375" dia /.375 wall 4130 chromo/1 ton TRE's $349.00
Synergy: Same as above $375.00
Exodus 1.5" dia/.250 wall/1 ton TRE's $250.00

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

There are a ton of other tie rods out there but here are the specs on the ones mentioned so far. I didn't realize the Synergy bars were different now. Mine is over 3 years old. It has held up to hits just fine but at the time I thought it was kind of silly that I had to run anti-flop washers. And the boots on my version suck.

Metalcloak: 1.375" dia /.375 wall 4130 chromo/1 ton TRE's $349.00
Synergy: Same as above $375.00
Exodus 1.5" dia/.250 wall 4130 chromo/1 ton TRE's $250.00

The one I build isn’t a chromo, it’s DOM. Pretty standard stuff when it comes to steering linkages and is fine until people compare it to a chromo and the pricing. Some feel like spending the extra money. I use DOM because it’s tough and doesn’t require heat treating after welding like 4130 does. This is important since I tig weld the bungs into place. I will be putting together some in the future that will be aluminum but I’m not there yet.

Ddays

Hooked
The one I build isn’t a chromo, it’s DOM. Pretty standard stuff when it comes to steering linkages and is fine until people compare it to a chromo and the pricing. Some feel like spending the extra money. I use DOM because it’s tough and doesn’t require heat treating after welding like 4130 does. This is important since I tig weld the bungs into place. I will be putting together some in the future that will be aluminum but I’m not there yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I ASSumed it was chromo...

wjtstudios

Hooked
You could look into the Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton tie rod.

2.5 ton tre’s 1.75” 7075 aluminum

At $550, it’s a little pricy, but it won’t bend. If you hit a rock or hang on it it bends back to straight

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
You could look into Ruffstuff 1 ton GM tie rod. Im happy with mine and it has taken quite a few good hits. They offer it assembled for $190 or as a weld yourself kit for $130. I bought the kit. It's 1.5" x .250 DOM

Exodus 4x4

You could look into Ruffstuff 1 ton GM tie rod. Im happy with mine and it has taken quite a few good hits. They offer it assembled for $190 or as a weld yourself kit for $130. I bought the kit. It's 1.5" x .250 DOM

This is exactly what I’m building them from. In fact, I used to buy my DOM locally and it was marked India. This last round I couldn’t find any so I ordered the DOM from RuffStuff and it was marked USA. [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
This is exactly what I’m building them from. In fact, I used to buy my DOM locally and it was marked India. This last round I couldn’t find any so I ordered the DOM from RuffStuff and it was marked USA. [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

[emoji106][emoji106] I was definitely very pleasantly surprised. I don't know for sure that it is always USA steel though as they don't advertise it as such. I'm thinking they could possibly have a couple venders for steel.

Top Bottom