Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel privileged to be accosted by the Wayalife clique.

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    I was definitely very pleasantly surprised. I don't know for sure that it is always USA steel though as they don't advertise it as such. I'm thinking they could possibly have a couple venders for steel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah itís always hit or miss around here. The other thing Iíll add is $190 is great deal for theirs and right in line with me. My price is higher due to tig being a longer welding process and I powder coat them.

After I bent my stock tie rod I went with the RuffStuff DOM tie rod. Bent that one less than a month later. I am now running the RPM Fab Aluminum tie rod and it's been great. I wanted to try out Synergy because I run their drag link and suspension, but I just had to see what the aluminum hype was about.
    2015 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by Jkusilverbullet View Post
    After I bent my stock tie rod I went with the RuffStuff DOM tie rod. Bent that one less than a month later. I am now running the RPM Fab Aluminum tie rod and it's been great. I wanted to try out Synergy because I run their drag link and suspension, but I just had to see what the aluminum hype was about.
    Iíve heard this and it really surprises me. I honestly donít know how the hell people are bending tie rods like this.

Been Around the Block SilverBack775's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Iíve heard this and it really surprises me. I honestly donít know how the hell people are bending tie rods like this.

Blows my mind! I donít understand how people are bashing and bending these so bad! What the hell? Straight bashing into boulders or what?

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Nobody has mentioned Rock Krawlers tie rod. It is a bit more expensive at 550 but it is 1.75" aluminum and plenty beefy.
    http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDe...ctCode=RK04383
    Last edited by Clearskies; 09-18-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack775 View Post
    Blows my mind! I donít understand how people are bashing and bending these so bad! What the hell? Straight bashing into boulders or what?
    Lol, thatís what I mean. Most tie rods bends I see are because they take direct hits from rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Lol, thatís what I mean. Most tie rods bends I see are because they take direct hits from rocks.

Well isnít a tierod supposed protect your axle, like a skid?

I bend my drag link *every* time I go out on the rocks and my tie rod every few times. I've always replaced with stock components thinking I'd have to buy a lot of them to catch up to the price of the hi-zoot products. Not anymore. I'm done with that and ordered the RPMFAB aluminum tie rod and drag link. Yeah, I bend my tie rod bashing into or dropping onto or backing over rocks after screwing up my line, or sliding off something or anything else unplanned.

Quote Originally Posted by drrags View Post
    I bend my drag link *every* time I go out on the rocks and my tie rod every few times. I've always replaced with stock components thinking I'd have to buy a lot of them to catch up to the price of the hi-zoot products. Not anymore. I'm done with that and ordered the RPMFAB aluminum tie rod and drag link. Yeah, I bend my tie rod bashing into or dropping onto or backing over rocks after screwing up my line, or sliding off something or anything else unplanned.
    Dude, every time? Thatís rough. You drive like a raped ape or pick bad lines or just unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    Dude, every time? Thatís rough. You drive like a raped ape or pick bad lines or just unlucky?

Noone is that fucked... and we have innocent people on death row...

sent from SPACE!
    DZZ Build thread

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast