Power skip/surge while driving

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have noticed recently that I have developed some sort of what feels like engine surge/skip while driving down the road at speed. I don’t have any skip issues at idle and it has been over the past few tanks of gas so it can’t be bad fuel. I’m at 53k on the Jeep now and just had the oil changed but started before that. I have been doing my oil changes religiously at 4-5k and just did my air filter since this started with no change. Any insight would be helpful. Also no idiot lights on for guidance either.

Thanks

2016 JK Rubicon
315 70 17 BFG AT ko2
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a ‘fish bite’ misfire. IE not frequent enough to set a code. If you can get access to a scan tool of some kind you can see if a certain cylinder has a bad plug or wire. Otherwise it’s an expensive crapshoot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Nothing pending on the scan tool.

2016 JK Rubicon
315 70 17 BFG AT ko2
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Yeah I only mentioned because this happened to me and sounds similar. Not sure what scanner you’re using but If you have a misfire counter or mode 6 data it will tell you misfires per cylinder. Mine at the time were noticeable like yours but didn’t reach the number Chrysler sets to set the misfire code. Turned out to be a bad ignition coil.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Ok thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind.

2016 JK Rubicon
315 70 17 BFG AT ko2
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

Top Bottom