My POS take #... Oh heck, I forget

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Well I've been lurking here forever. Never did a build thread. Not going to go back to day 1 but over the years I've gone from the stock Rubicon to an AEV 2" with 35" Trail Grapplers to EVO bolt on coilovers and Toyo 37s to Nitto 40s to Nitto KSpec 40s. Been through three axle sets and numerous upgrades along the way, currently running 72.5" XD60/PR80....

How my Jeep currently sits...
received_272938046859154.jpg

Well went out last weekend, basically final shakedown of the new axle install and got that all squared away. I've been collecting parts for quite awhile for the next (and hopefully last) major overhaul of my Jeep. Tired of getting outrun by my close wheeling buddies.

Monday I dropped it off for it's heart transplant

20180917_071004.jpg
20180917_071013.jpg

Ya just another V8 swap. But not really. What makes this unique is we are installing a brand new 8HP70 8 speed transmission in with the 6.4 hemi. With long tubes and custom Dyno tuning will be fun to show all the Chevy guys what a real naturally aspirated V8 sounds and runs like! 😁

Will take about 3 weeks to get it all together as quite a few custom mounts, wiring, etc to work through. After that it's on to a suspension upgrade but that's for later as it is also going to be unique!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Jeeps looking good, and should be a real head turner with it's new heart.

1000 posts in, then a build thread. Better late than never.

dillard09

Nice Scott! Going to be awesome with that 8 speed. So is that 6.4 the truck or SRT motor? Staying with 5.38s? What's the first gear ratio in that 8 speed? What's transfer case?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Nice Scott! Going to be awesome with that 8 speed. So is that 6.4 the truck or SRT motor? Staying with 5.38s? What's the first gear ratio in that 8 speed? What's transfer case?
It's a 6.4 srt engine. Staying with 5.38s as with the 8th speed it will cruise in 8th at low rpm. If I kept 5 speed I'd have to regear. I'm going to put a sport case in for now. The Rubicon case with the 4.7 1st gear is too low imo for some places like the dunes. Not worried about crawling with all the torque :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom