Mouse Hunt

Jsouder53

Hooked
I don’t know if anyone has seen that movie Mouse Hunt, but I feel like I’m about to go crazy from these mice in my house and start shooting holes in the walls and floors :crazyeyes:

Hopefully someone on here has had success against mice and have some pro tips!

We live in a rustic log cabin near a acres and acres of fields and have been kept awake every other night or so from mice running around under the floor... I’ve recently just got a barn cat a month or so ago and he lives under the house, another one also just showed up as well. I’ve tried mouse traps of all sorts and those mouse makers that are supposed to repel mice but no results. We are clean people and have to keep all of our kitchen supplies in plastic bins now due to mouse shit... I’ve also gone around the house with several tubes of caulk and sealed up holes...

I believe the mice live between the sub floor and the wood floor so I think I’m going to have to pull up some flooring and seal up around any pipes that have gaps between the sub floor and pipes.

TrailHunter

Hooked
What food are you using in traps?... I think they like chocolate & peanut butter.... google it... 20 years ago my buddy and I were sharing a house... I had a bag of m&ms on the table and they were slowly disappearing and there were small holes in the bag... we were like WTF is eating these? All we could figure was a mouse... So my buddy sets up a Mouse trap with a piece of Butterfinger on it... I’m chillin one night and I here a loud ‘BAM’.... snapped that f@&kers head right in half!

Jsouder53

Hooked
What food are you using in traps?... I think they like chocolate & peanut butter.... google it... 20 years ago my buddy and I were sharing a house... I had a bag of m&ms on the table and they were slowly disappearing and there were small holes in the bag... we were like WTF is eating these? All we could figure was a mouse... So my buddy sets up a Mouse trap with a piece of Butterfinger on it... I’m chillin one night and I here a loud ‘BAM’.... snapped that f@&kers head right in half!

Thanks for that tip! I’ll get some butterfingers tomorrow. I’ve been using cheese and peanuts but haven’t tried peanuts on a traditional snap trap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mice can get through the tiniest of holes. Need to seal up everything. Clean and disinfect. Set a ton of traps. Both inside and outside. I’ve had the best luck with the Victor EZ set traps with peanut butter as bait.

We live next to open desert and deal with mice all the time. Especially after being gone on vacation.

I’ve set traps and literally turned off the lights, shut the garage door and come back 2 minutes later to have them all full.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Mice can get through the tiniest of holes. Need to seal up everything. Clean and disinfect. Set a ton of traps. Both inside and outside. I’ve had the best luck with the Victor EZ set traps with peanut butter as bait.

We live next to open desert and deal with mice all the time. Especially after being gone on vacation.

I’ve set traps and literally turned off the lights, shut the garage door and come back 2 minutes later to have them all full.

That’s nuts! We definitely have been cleaning and keeping the disinfectant spray out and ready for use.

Yea mice can be a pain in the ass. Never ending battle.

I like the electronic “no touch” traps for in the garage. If the light is blinking red you got a kill and you just dump and put it back for another.

In the barn we have traps galore. The best are the “walk the plank” water bucket traps and the A24 Co2 cartridge powered trap. The water bucket with the walk the plank and fresh peanut butter can put a dent in the population in a hurry. Are they working the fields near your house right now? It’s tough when they start working. All the critters come out and look for a new home.
Good luck! Stay after it.

Shadowfire

I like those walk the plank traps I have a cpl they work great, I had a problem in a house once and a guy came over and setup Fox urine bottles really small like plastic bottles with cotton and fox urine said the smell scares them off but you gotta close everything up quick cause the smell wears off. I’ve read that moth balls and mint oil work too but can’t verify it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just went through this at our new house along with a house a few years back. Snap traps with peanut butter work great IMO. Both houses garages also had holes where the concrete floor met the side footing. I watched mice come up through there at the old house and there is poop near those spots at the new house. Both houses, I used GreatStuff spray foam to fill the holes and never saw the mice again in those areas. Not that they can't chew through it, but in neither case have they wasted their time.

At the new house, most of the mice were near a back fence outside. We got 6 in 2 days with the peanut butter snap traps. After that, we left those same traps out for a week and had no action so I'm hoping they're all gone. Good luck with whatever method you choose.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Looks like I’ll be going with snap traps and peanut butter. Thank you all for the tips! I’ll definitely be sealing everything up when I get a chance as well [emoji106]

They aren’t working the fields too close by, most of the fields surrounding my house are horse pastures at least

Ddays

Hooked
How'd this get this far without someone stating the obvious? We have barn cats that take care of this problem!

contest2.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvU1i59Iamg

Edit: I don’t know if this link will work. Just thought it was funny. Try poison!

I would go with poison, but I’m scared my cat might eat a mouse that has eaten the poison.

Hilarious video BTW [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

How'd this get this far without someone stating the obvious? We have barn cats that take care of this problem!

View attachment 310823

We actually got a barn cat a couple months ago and another one showed up out of nowhere which is awesome!

Top Bottom