Battery

spotts

JKU
What is a good mid end battery to replace my dead one? Also, should I take preparations for double batteries for my future winch, accessories?

Spotton

MDK210

A good mid end battery? I would recommend just saying how much you're willing to spend.

I've run the gammit on Optima and they're overated these days especially their yellow top deep cycle. High end car audio installers in my area are gravitating more toward Odyssey and I really liked mine when I had a ridiculous audio setup in my last truck, Northstar is a good battery as well but a little harder to find. They have real world battery comparison reviews online but it depends what your needs are and the climate you live in. You could do a dual battery but there are plenty of guys running lights, winches, etc on single quality brands. Buy a good battery and run it on your setup to see how it responds then decide if you need two but I doubt you will. Bottom line; Optima, Odyssey, and Northstar are all quality...

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
I ran a sears platinum for 4-5 years with no issues. Mine was a rebranded Odyssey. It was still going strong when I switched to a dual battery set up with twin Odysseys.

spotts

A good mid end battery? I would recommend just saying how much you're willing to spend.

I've run the gammit on Optima and they're overated these days especially their yellow top deep cycle. High end car audio installers in my area are gravitating more toward Odyssey and I really liked mine when I had a ridiculous audio setup in my last truck, Northstar is a good battery as well but a little harder to find. They have real world battery comparison reviews online but it depends what your needs are and the climate you live in. You could do a dual battery but there are plenty of guys running lights, winches, etc on single quality brands. Buy a good battery and run it on your setup to see how it responds then decide if you need two but I doubt you will. Bottom line; Optima, Odyssey, and Northstar are all quality...
Thanks for your response. I picked up jumper cables and an Interstate AGM MTX 48H6 battery. An engineer at work recommended the AGM style. Still 2 hundy but will surely speak up it it doesn't live up to snuff.

Spotton

Top Bottom