Freedom top panels

Chris1015

Hey everybody,

Had a fantastically dumb mishap with the freedom tops for my 17 JK. Called the dealer and mentally prepped my ears and mind for what I did not want to hear.

They want just short of $900 for one side, and nearly $600 for the other side. 🤣

Anyone ever replace their freedom panels by any way other than the dealer? I saw a wholesale mopar site and it seemed sketchy.

Also I'm interested in a bestop. So I was also thinking of just taking that money and running a soft top. I sure as shit am not letting the dealer grab me by the balls on this one. $1500 is a joke.

Ddays

Hooked
I ordered my Jeep with a hardtop from the factory but ordered a Bestop Twill Trektop last year to run in the summer. After running the soft top I refuse to put the hardtop back on. I love the damn thing. You'd probably find the same thing out. :twocents:

fiend

Caught the Bug
I occasionally see freedom top panels on Craigslist. In fact there is a pair in Los Angeles now for $650.

Last edited:

Chris1015

I ordered my Jeep with a hardtop from the factory but ordered a Bestop Twill Trektop last year to run in the summer. After running the soft top I refuse to put the hardtop back on. I love the damn thing. You'd probably find the same thing out. :twocents:
That might be what I have to do. Cant understand what makes these things that costly. Beneath the paint it literally looks like dry wall. It's a powdery texture. Unless Jeep sold me a dope car lined with Columbian Bam Bam. 🤷*♂️

wjtstudios

Hooked
That might be what I have to do. Cant understand what makes these things that costly. Beneath the paint it literally looks like dry wall. It's a powdery texture. Unless Jeep sold me a dope car lined with Columbian Bam Bam. 🤷*♂️

That could explain the price!!!

I kinda agree with Ddays. I have the twill and it super quite for a soft top, but as a daily driver in Michigan, the hardtop is warmer and quieter than the twill in the winter. Once mine goes to a second (third) vehicle I’ll just leave the twill on and sell the hard top.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

That could explain the price!!!

I kinda agree with Ddays. I have the twill and it super quite for a soft top, but as a daily driver in Michigan, the hardtop is warmer and quieter than the twill in the winter. Once mine goes to a second (third) vehicle I’ll just leave the twill on and sell the hard top.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, Bill. We get pretty cold winters also. Is it that big of a difference with the temperature on the inside with the soft top from what you notice?

Top Bottom