Coolant temp when @ idle high

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure fan is working. That's a typical cause of high temps at idle. Also make sure condenser and radiator aren't packed with debris/mud/etc.

SunWolf

Mine runs between 195 and 210, but hits 226 often and then the fan kicks on and brings it back down to 200 range. It only freaks me out when it goes back up to 226 after coming down for a while, but that is random. When I mentioned it to the dealership during a service they just said it was normal and that wranglers do this. I’m sure someone on here will know if that is true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
See the temp gauge on the right. As long as it is in the middle it is normal. Does it go to red on hwy when going into limp mode? What does temp read when it goes into limp? Did u scan it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

17xJKU

Mine runs normal around 210, but it does go up to 226 at times when no air flow from crawling or strong headwinds or up hill on highway. But the fan kicks on and brings it back down. I even got vented hood, and a very well vented grill now. Only 12k miles on my jeep, and I'm pretty sure it's always been like that when I was completely stock. And I rinse out the radiator fins thoroughly after every time I wheel... it's amazing how long it takes for the water to start coming out clean. Lol

bmkrinne

He said something about overfilling his tranny and ruining the engine in another thread. Not sure I follow though....

Herein lies the problem with the new digital readouts on the dash. The gauge reads normal (mid-scale), but the digital temp at 221F freaks people out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom