Is a slight rattle while shifting normal?

The.Ernie

My 2000 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L has a slight rattle noise when shifting gears. It happens around 1000-1900 rpms. At 2k I don’t really hear it, but that could be because of the engine drowns it out. I doubt that but I don’t know. I know it’s probably just normal because the engine kind of wants to when you shift in a manual, but I don’t think that noise should happen in the 1500-1900 rpms range. You can also hear a clicking noise when shifting into third sometimes. Is this all normal and I’m crazy or is this a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Being that it is a 2000 model I'm guessing there are some miles on it. So, could be throw out bearing or pilot bearing. Both of which are known to make noises when wearing out. Any idea if it has had a clutch replaced at some point?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

xrtracker

My 2000 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L has a slight rattle noise when shifting gears. It happens around 1000-1900 rpms. At 2k I don’t really hear it, but that could be because of the engine drowns it out. I doubt that but I don’t know. I know it’s probably just normal because the engine kind of wants to when you shift in a manual, but I don’t think that noise should happen in the 1500-1900 rpms range. You can also hear a clicking noise when shifting into third sometimes. Is this all normal and I’m crazy or is this a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a 00 TJ and I get nervous when I DON'T hear BSR's

Top Bottom