Scrambler project

kep01

So I have started collecting parts for a scrambler build. I plan on starting in a couple of weeks once I finish with working 7 days a week. Then on to the project.
So far I have acquired a 81 scrambler body and a 83 cj7. The plan is to rob parts from the cj7 for the scrambler. Gonna stretch the 7 frame to fit the 8 and then start adding the drive train. Should be fun. Image1537748308.342639.jpg Image1537748318.611478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Should be fun. Can't wait to see it come along.

kep01

Plan is to drop a 350 that I just built for a different project. Then add a automatic transmission and mount a twin stick Dana 300. I have a pair of 3/4 Chevy axles I may put under it. Either way this will be the biggest project I have ever taken on.

kep01

Started stripping the scrambler tub yesterday and the previous owners hacked the hell out of the wiring harness. So I’m gonna scrap it and order a new one later on. Plan is to get the tub media blasted so I can see where I need to replace panels.

kep01

It’s been a slow process. But I have the donor Jeep ready to pull apart and stretch the frame to fit the scrambler. Got to get a couple of days off work and make that happen soon. Gonna build a stand to set the scrambler tub on and start the body work. Will post pictures soon.

kep01

Well, looks like the scrambler build is over. Had a guy come by to buy a few parts and then he decided he wanted my project and all my spare parts more than I did. However I just got home with a new project. I’ll post it up in a few!

kep01

It has the following
6.2 diesel with 400turbo and gm half-ton axles with 410 gears.
Rides amazing and honestly has a good bit of power for what it is. Power train has 70k miles on it. Gonna need the interior redone but so far everything seems to work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom