Let's see your sweet rc builds

G-mansjk

My boys and I love wheeling but can get out as much as we'd like. So RC crawlers seemed like the perfect way to "get out" more. Let's see the cool stuff you guys have on the trails out in the park.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Matheson

Cool RC models, G-man. How expensive RC hobby is to get into btw? Can you have some fun with spending not a lot of money?

longarmwj

I have't toyed with RC crawlers in a few years now, but I have had multiple of them. I have old pictures on my laptop that I will have to dig up when I get home. I have had a Tamiya CC01, Axial SXC10, Traxxas Summit, Helion SC10, and a Traxxas Slash.

The RC world now days has some crazy detailed rigs, and I want to get back into it as a side hobby.

G-mansjk

It all depends on what you buy. You can find used stuff cheap on craigslist or buy new kits that come disassembled and save a few bucks. Just like anything else you get what you paid for and a good model that will be reliable and not brake the first time you take it out will run at least 400 if not more. But its fun as hell and a lot cheaper to replace parts on my 10th scale jeep then I tear shit up Haha!!!

G-mansjk

I have't toyed with RC crawlers in a few years now, but I have had multiple of them. I have old pictures on my laptop that I will have to dig up when I get home. I have had a Tamiya CC01, Axial SXC10, Traxxas Summit, Helion SC10, and a Traxxas Slash.

The RC world now days has some crazy detailed rigs, and I want to get back into it as a side hobby.
I got a little carried away with mine. I built a dig transmission for it, built a light system for the bar that came on the jeep and undercarriage lighting, lifted it, put on beadlock wheels with super swampers, new bumper and working warn winch. People get even crazier than me Haha.. I've seen people with haulers for their crawlers.

longarmwj

I got a little carried away with mine. I built a dig transmission for it, built a light system for the bar that came on the jeep and undercarriage lighting, lifted it, put on beadlock wheels with super swampers, new bumper and working warn winch. People get even crazier than me Haha.. I've seen people with haulers for their crawlers.

Yup. I used to frequent a couple of forums for RC crawlers and some of the things people built on there were just crazy. The most impressive were the ones with custom built bodies with exact replica to scale interiors. Lord I can't even begin to imagine what one of those things costs to build from scratch.

The CC01 I had was the kit, so I built it but upgraded most of the parts to GPM metal parts to replace the Tamiya plastic shit, as well as did a couple of common CC01 chassis mods such as shaving the knuckles down to get more droop, trimming the front of the chassis to get a better approach angle, and JB welding the front diff assembly to lock it. Also threw a RC4WD 75t motor in there and it straight crawled.

My SCX10 was the RTR Honcho kit that I put a Proline JK body on, and swapped out to a 85t RC4WD brushed motor. Wasn't fast, but it would crawl.

Fuck I want another one now :doh:

dillard09

I bought a little crawler for my 3 year old son to play with. It is actually super fun. We play at the house and take it when we go real wheeling.
It's the Exceed Mad Torque. It was really cheap just in case the 3yo breaks it I dont feel so bad but it has held up very well. It cost $169.

Attachments

• 20180126_114618.jpg
    20180126_114618.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 176

G-mansjk

Got inspired to take mine out and play today but played a little too hard and the trip was shorter than planned... dang plastic drive shafts only plastic piece in the driveline. Time for another upgrade Haha 20180927_115654.jpg 20180927_115710.jpg 20180927_115722.jpg 20180927_115835.jpg 20180927_115849.jpg 20180927_120002.jpg 20180927_120912.jpg

Albatross

34170666li.jpg

34170668bb.jpg

4x4 :)
more than 2 HP :D

Built this 1/5th scale guy and then when I finally finished decided it wasn’t practical so sold it. Learned a lot building it tho. Complete with 32cc engine. IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1533.jpg

Now I just have the mini-me that I built IMG_0013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom